Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by woodster, May 28, 2004.

1. woodster

Apr 24, 2004
    FBass,IMO,tha best looking bass i`ve seen.
    Other than looks,can anyone convince me why i should get one?
    How is the tone,balance and etc........
  2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Don't bother asking - just go buy one! They play and sound wonderful - with a real jazz bass vibe but LOTS more comfort, playability, and tone! It really is one of the best basses out there.

I'm REALLY bummed that I have to thin out my herd and that my F-bass is gone. So far, I'm down an MTD 535, an F-bass BN-5, and a Ken Lawrence Brase 5 will be going when I get up the nerve!

Still, that leaves me with a custom myrtle Brase 5, a redwood top 535, and a quilt top 55-94. Those should keep me going!

Just a few changes in my life - less than two weeks ago my wife and I brought a 5 month old baby we are adopting back home! I haven't had a full night's sleep since then and the only gig was as a drummer! I hope this is not a taste of what is to come for the next 21 years!

Dan K.
  3. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Wow!! Congrats on the newest addition to the family Dan!! And we're talking about a real person this time :D Hope she's a real bundle of joy for you and your family :D God bless!
  4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The F Bass is a great bass. There are many positive comments in this forum that you'll find with a search.

For me, it was actually playing and hearing one that sold me. As soon as I slapped the first 3 or 4 notes... I knew that I had to buy that bass! That doesn't happen often.

The tone is "Hi Fi Jazz Bass", IMHO. Balance is great, sitting or strapped-on while standing. These basses are typically light- to medium-weight, so you won't be getting a knot in your shoulder at a 3 hour gig.

:hyper: :bassist: :hyper:
  5. woodster

Apr 24, 2004
  6. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Like gfab said. The F Bass by far has been the most comfortable bass I have ever played with my Tobias Classic 5 being a close 2nd in comfort. I bought mine sight unseen from Adrian at accessbass.com and I havn't regretted it at all. The neck is so comfortable, I like the 19 mm string spacing, the bass balances perfectly and the tone options are the unbelievable.
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy another and am glad I bought the first one.
  7. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I also bought an F Bass sight unseen from Adrian at Accessbass after seeing his and hearing a demo clip. I am so completely thrilled with my F Bass. It is truly, for me, the one sound and feel I've been wanting in a 5 string for years and years. I had one of the nicest Roscoe LG3005's I've ever seen and a Modulus quantum 5. While they are different animals and wonderful basses in their own right, the F Bass to my ears and hands smokes them both.

I am able to execute slap style playing that for some reason I was no good at on any of my other basses. The Fingerstyle tone of my F Bass is equally exceptional. The Active 3 band preamp is the most musical I've ever heard and the neck plays like butter. The action is to die for, the body shape and sculpting is magnificent, and it cuts through the mix like nobody's business! Yes, I'm biased. But I played a LOT of other basses before settling on my F Bass and I have no regrets. It is stunning. Additionally, the fretwork is second to none as is the finish and quality of workmanship through out.

You can see my F Bass on the Exotic Tops page of the F Bass Website. http://www.fbass.com/tops.html

Mine is second to last and says; owned by Gary Roberts. That's me. Damn, I could not be more proud to endorse George Furlanetto's exceptional instruments. He was GREAT to work with while my bass was being contructed too! The same quality of service that people like Keith Roscoe, Roger Sadowsky, Carey Nordstrand and Mike Tobias give. (To name a few) I'msSure there are countless other wonderful luthier's out there worthy of mention. the F Bass is truly a world class instrument and George Furlanetto (Mr. F) is a world class luthier. You can't go wrong with an F Bass!