SOLD FBB 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stst, Jul 21, 2021 at 8:36 PM.

1. stst

stst Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    FBB 1013-99 Bass.

I am the original owner of this bass. I bought it from FBB in 1999 and from what I understand it is the 13th bass FBB built. This is one of 5 FBB basses that I own or have owned and it is by far the best. If it was 4 string it would be my main bass that I play today.

The only reason I’m selling is because I now only play 4 string basses. I played this bass a lot in the early 2000’s but it has not been played much in the last 15 years.

This is a incredible bass! It has a flame maple/bubinga neck. Ebony fingerboard, 35” scale. Spanish ceder body with Chechen top. Original receipt pictures with all details.

Most of it is original including the Lane Poor pickups . I changed the original Bartolini NTBT preamp to a 3 band Seamore Duncan. (Pull switch for volume cuts mids and boost bass)

Originally the tuning keys were angled. I straightened them. The original screw holes are still there (seen in pictures.)

Also there is an imperfection on the body next to the B string side of the bridge. This was disclosed by FBB before the sale in 1999. It’s not a big deal, I almost forgot about mentioning it.

Sound is a punchy, fat , and cuts through with a strong growl. It reminds me of a 90’s Warwick but with a warmer tone.

Overall condition is very good. The finish isn’t perfect. But could easily be refreshed to look excellent.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Trades,

Local Dallas area would be ideal.

Preferences are 4 string basses, fretless basses, and multi scale. Would love a Modulus or a Warwick.

Attached Files:

raal and nbsipics like this.
  2. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    +1 for the FBB and +1 for not one but two Lane Poor pickups!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021