Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FBB Custom 4 String Fretted

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by K Dubbs, Feb 25, 2004.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Hey All,

I've finally decided to sell my FBB Custom four string. This bass has been a great player for the year and a half that I've owned it. This four string has excellent string tension regardless of its 32" scale. The two Bartolini M34 pickups give it a very smooth and deep tone. As well, the Aguilar OBP-1 preamp supplies plenty of tonal options. The bass has 4 ultralite tuners and a Schaller fully adjustable bridge. Pictures of it can be found on www.fbbcustom.com in the galleries section. It is bass # 044-01. Interested buyers should PM me or email me at wehrle.11@osu.edu for recent pictures upon request.

The bass is in overall great condition and perfectly functional. It does, however have a few wear spots. Two of the spots are on the inside of the lower horn and are barely noticable. The last wear spot is on the back of the bass as minor scratching. Again, pictures of these spots can be requested.

I'm asking only $800 US dollars for this bass as that amount will cover the cost of my supplies for a bass-building project. I am also willing to consider trades for non-fender jazz basses or other interesting basses. I am only seeking to part with this bass because I prefer a single coil jazz sound.

Cheers,

Kevin

2. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    bubump

4. Email sent.

5. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    the bass is still available

6. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    hey did you guys get my emails? If you could email me or PM me and show me some pictures, we can hopefully figure something out.

Kevin

7. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    It's been a little while, so I'm gonna bump this thread back to the top of the heap. I'm also lowering the price to 700 plus shipping.

8. Kevin,
    I've got 3 of my basses built now. I could easily part with one of them. All are made with:
    Fender/Warmoth/Fralin/Dimarzio/G&L/Badass/Gotoh parts.
    All 3 are awesome players. One is active, two are passive. I also had a J-Retro is one. Too hot 4 me.
    Roughly around $1000.00 parts into each one.
    Shoot me an email. I'll reply with some pics.
    Hawk(Larry)