Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FBB players come together!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Feb 8, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I want to see everyone who owns FBB basses. I love my FBB 5er. I play my 5er 90% of the time. How much does everyone else use their FBB?here is me playing my in the studio...

2. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    I live about 5 miles from Matt's shop and have #66 as a commissioned Lupis in the works. Matt's an awesome guy and an excellent Bass maker. I've sampled a few of his basses in the shop and can attest to the fine quailty of a hand made Bass.

3. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    hey, my fbb is the one on the home page. That kingwood topped 4 banger. Since I got that bass, I've only touched my otherwise branded 5 string 3 times. I got the FBB in october.

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Dubbs i would love to see some pics if you got any

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My fretless, soon to have all black hardware:
    [​IMG]

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
  7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    nice. So, how did they like it in the studio?

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    it sounded sooooo goood...I'll put some MP3's up as soon as I get them

9. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    Go to Xush studios (thepost above with 2 1/2 Fbb's. He's got an awesome MP3 to listen to.)

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I finally edited the #51 clip into seperate files per p'up; I guess it was a pretty big honker unless you're on high-speed...

not that it's that great, but it gives an idea of the passive tones of the 3 p'up config.
    I totally overlooked the "all 3" position though! Guess I'll have to add that and some 'active' clips eventually.

they're right above the pics on this page:
    #51 clips and pics

11. I usually see pics of fbbs and think "wow, what an ugly bass", but they have kind of grown on me. There's something about them that just seems very classy.

12. I think it's the organic blobbiness of them--they look and feel much more "natural" than, say, a Ken Smith or Warwick (to name two makes to which my 5 has been compared).

I only wish Matt had started putting fully rounded body edges on his basses when I got mine--but on my 5 at least, that'd make an already neck-heavy bass into a floor-seeker.

13. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    xush you bass sounds sweet! the one thing I love about FBB basses is when someone comes up to me and askes what kind of bass it is after telling me that it sounds so good.

14. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I was just looking around Matt's site and his work is getting awesome, not that his work was ever bad...you really just can't have one FBB!:D :bassist: