1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fclef jazzes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kazamamaster, Dec 6, 2006.

1. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Can anyone tell me anything about these?

Anyone familiar with them?

2. Yeah! I would to know also!

3. seems to be related to fodera from the look of that sight

4. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I Support the following: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    these basses are the same basses that are sold at http://www.ven-jp.com but under another name. yes they have a pope preamp but that is the only relation to fodera.

5. brandinstroy

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    yes bottom wave basses

6. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Yes, Bottom Wave is exactly like FClef but just for Japan.
    I have one and they're great basses...but I might be putting it up for sale because I have too many darn basses lol! Beautiful Jazz though....:)

7. cacio

cacio

Apr 24, 2005
    Italy
    It seems that is a brand made by an Italian guy with someone else at fodera(maybe...)
    Here in Italy some players have buy it (the cost from 2800 € to...I don't know) and they say that are at the top of the jazzalike categorie...
    Nobody knows where and who they made....

8. brandinstroy

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have spoken with Joey from Fodera in the past about these basses. There is not conjunction with Fodera and these basses. The only thing is Joey knows the person that is behind these basses. I believe Fclef and Bottom Wave are made in Japan. I have only heard great things about them. I myself am interested in these. I may want to pick one of these up some day. Fclef basses are more expensive than the Bottom Wave. BW are around the Sadowsky Metro prices and the F are more like Sadowsky USA prices. I would like to know how these compare.

9. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I was told that the bodies and necks are a co-venture with Fodera... It could have been the initial design but at those prices, they might as well be made at the Fodera shop.

10. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I believe I've talked to this guy before, his name is George.. He's very hard to get ahold of.. I've just tried to e-mail him and it will not go through.. The basses look great and I wouldn't mind checking one out..

11. backseatbetty

backseatbetty

Oct 12, 2002
    netherlands
    From the site of a Spanish bassplayer, www.juancarlozmendoza.com:

Ya es oficial he firmado con la prestigiosa compañía Fodera en su linea de bajos "Fclef Basses", decir dos cosas es un honor para mi largamente deseado colaborar con ellos, pero lo mas importante que bajos mas fantasticos han hecho, un trabajo impresionantemente fino con este jazz bass Vintage de 5 cuerdas configuracion 70`s.
    El bajo que llevo en exclusiva como no, es un 5 cuerdas tipo jazz bass pastillas en posicion 70's (Fodera/Seymour Duncan Custom Single Coils PickUps)cuerpo de Ash y mastil de Arce con los bloques en nacar como no, sonido muy Marcus y una delicia de sonido tanto con el previo activo como en pasivo (Fodera/Mike Pope Preamp (Custom realized for the Fclef Bass), ya puedo decir que "por fin encontre el 5 cuerdas que buscaba, el bajo aun no tiene distribucion en España contactar conmigo para datos y precios y/ o visitar mi seccion links donde hay uno directo a "Fclef Basses" (www.fclefbasses.com)
    Lo dicho a partir de ahora ya me podreis ver y oir con mi "Fclef Vintage" 5 cuerdas.