1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fdeck HPF3 Where to put in effect chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RadioactiveGuy4, Oct 19, 2013.

1. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    OK

So I just placed an order for one of fDeck's HPF3s. Im really excited about being able to clean up my low end but my main question is where should I place it in my chain?

Current chain is this:

Bass--> Shift Daddy pitch shifter-->Delay-->Flanger--> Tube Screamer--> Eden WTDI--> Power amp

My first thought is to place it either in before or after the Eden WTDI but I'm not sure. :help:

2. Does the pre/di have a series effect loop? That's where I would put it, or last in the effects.

3. RadioactiveGuy4

Feb 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    The preamp does not have a effect loop.

4. Not to worry. The considerations you need need to make are very simple. Excess lows can upset pedals as well as cabs. Some pedals generate extra lows.

The hpf is primarily of use to protect your speakers from distorting.

I'm not familiar with your chain of pedals, the shift daddy sounds like an evil soab as far as generating sub harmonics out of safe range of most cabs. The rest probably are safe enough.

Your plan to put hpf before the DI is pretty failsafe, but you could possibly get subtle milage from from putting it in the middle somewhere, before sensitive but innocuous pedals that don't generate extra lows.

5. RadioactiveGuy4

Feb 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Thx for the help Downunderwonder!

I guess when I get it its going to be a day of testing it out to see where it does the most good and yes that Shift Daddy puts out some serious lows so I use it sparingly. I'm really excited about it. I just have to wait for it to get here!