TRADED FEA Growler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by labeledbass, Oct 4, 2022.

1. labeledbass

labeledbass Supporting Member

May 24, 2015
    Price:
    United States
    20220909_211642.jpg

Reluctantly I am looking to trade, and possibly sell, my FEA Growler. This was the last version made. These are no longer made, as is any FEA gear. When I received this on trade it was unfortunately inoperable, in a few ways. I purchased this with the knowledge it did work 100%.. so I sent it off to Frank for repair.

Parts repaired/added -
    quad opamp
    9v battery clip
    faulty trace on main board
    mounts for PCB board all replaced
    replaced any scratchy potentiometer
    replaced old knobs with new machined aluminum ones (from his first custom designed pedals)
    o-rings upgraded on all knobs

So to say it works like new, is probably incorrect, it works better than when new.

This pedal is something different, I kind of put it in the Broughton FFXloop/IE Divaricator arena but with clean FEA compression, but still unlike those two pedals. the Growler really adds something, and the 2nd channel goes even further to tailor your signal even more. I've used this with effects in loop, behind and after gear, there's no wrong placement, just more or less what you want it to do. It has gate like qualities, as it does compression, you can really focus on where you want the "effect" to be. I had the most fun with post OD/Fuzz, and adding tracking sensitive pedals within it's loops ie. octaves, FMeron (worked 100% better), even analog chorus went much deeper with this pedal.

I'm looking to trade at the moment in this order, Dunwich, COG T65, T70, older Broughtons (power stage, signal cypher, dream crusher, broughctave, dystopia, transboost, archetype pedal), possibly Iron Ether, Meris Hedra, maybe some other nice octave/harmonizer (I by no means know everything out there, I pretty much stick to my little bubble, but am open to other brands.) Obviously, cash is available on my end as well.

Shipped UPSP priority - questions feel free to ask, thank you!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  2. Patchman777

Patchman777 Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Seattle, Wa.
    PM

labeledbass likes this.
  3. Bassgeer

Bassgeer Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Canada
    Wow! These don't turn up often! Someone is going to be very happy!

labeledbass likes this.
  4. labeledbass

May 24, 2015
    Updated trades, stupid COG # system - COG T65 and COG T70 are the octaves I seek

5. labeledbass

May 24, 2015
    wow... all messages replied too, MANY good trade offers, keep em up

thank you TB!

kranahan likes this.
  6. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I have one and it is awesome!!!!

Patchman777, labeledbass and kranahan like this.
  7. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Queens, N.Y.C.
    Of all the stuff I’ve sold over the years The FEA Growler is the only one pedal I regret selling .