FEA Opti-FET Settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by metron, Sep 1, 2017.

1. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Post your FEA Opti-FET settings! I just got one yesterday. Very nice pedal and so far it sounds great. There are obviously a lot of parameters and I'm new to compressors so I'm not really sure what I'm going for but leaning toward subtle compression at this point. Anyway I'm curious about how you are setting yours.

2. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Anyone? Are these threads not cool or maybe I need a picture of the pedal? :D

So far I have been happy with the following

Threshold: 2:00
    Ratio: 10:00
    Attack: 9:00
    Decay: 11:00
    No EQ yet

and a slight bump in the gain to even it out. Seems to be fairly light compression but it's obviously having an effect. Nice pedal overall. I still haven't messed with the DIP switches yet. I could see going down the path of tweaking this pedal until I go insane so I'm keeping it default on the switches for now while I figure out the dials.

3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

My favorite comp ever. I run a P bass into an MXR M81, then the M81 into the Opti-Fet, followed by a Fairfield Barbershop and Broughton HPF. I have mine setup for some pretty gnarly compression, though it's a very tasteful gnarly compression that is lacking in absolutely nothing I need out of it.

Thresh: 12:00 or just below
    Ratio: 12:00 or just below
    Attack: 9:00 or lower
    Release: 12:00 or lower
    All three dip switches are in the ON position. I rarely engage the side chain EQ, except for troublesome rooms where lows or mids could use more or less squishing. Not so sure how my settings can be of any use to anyone else and these threads often don't last more than a few posts considering we're all probably using a very different signal chain/amp/bass/cabs, etc,
    but the FEA Opti is a great comp...no harm in sharing some settings.

metron likes this.
  4. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I hadn't really considered differences in the signal chain everyone uses but that's a valid point. I'm just using bass > tuner > comp > amp but I will probably incorporate it with my pedal board eventually. Just looking for some setting ideas to try so thanks for posting!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021