SOLD FEA Opti-FET

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by matdras, Aug 3, 2019.

1. matdras

matdras Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Price:
    $205
    08E4D73C-CF4C-4F44-80E1-9A7622FC6773.jpeg Up for sale is probably my favorite pedal compressor I’ve ever had the pleasure of using, but I am moving away from pedals for a moment, so my loss is your gain! I am the original owner, and it’s maybe 2 months old. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. It’s in pretty much perfect condition with Velcro neatly installed on the back.
    $205 shipped CONUS

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Charlie Tuna

Charlie Tuna

Feb 21, 2005
    Key West, FL
    SUPER DEAL!!! Great compressor, GLWTS and med bills.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    matdras likes this.
  3. Soundworks

Soundworks Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Love both of mine... :)

GLWTS!

matdras likes this.
  4. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I've got the FEA DE-CL and I can attest to how good FEA Labs stuff is.

matdras likes this.
  5. Soundworks

Soundworks Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    i have the de-cl and opti-fet and have to admit i gravitate to this one.

here are some tips (this is coming from a sound engineer so apologies if it's too tweaky for some!):

there are 2 killer features to this pedal:

1) there are dip switches inside to tune the voicing from modern to more vintage. i personally love the vintage setting.

2) the "side-chain eq" is amazing. all compressors split the incoming voltage (bass signal) into two parallel paths. one is the "audio" path and the other is the "control voltage". the side-chain eq is applied to the control voltage which is what triggers the compressor. in the studio if i want a compressor to leave the bass intact and only control the top end, i use a side chain eq to cut the lows from the control voltage, that way the lows pass unaltered and the highs trigger the action of the compressor. so if you wanted to use this pedal to soften the top end and keep the low end present and tight, you simply turn down the Low and Mid eq knobs all the way and turn up the Hi eq knob. if you wanted a "scooped" tone where it had lots of lows and highs but less mids, you turn down the Low and Hi eq knobs and turn up the Mid. etc. the effect stays true to the tone of the instrument and sounds much less processed than any EQ including the more recent fancy one's like the Q-strip. plus if you like the sound of the tone stack in your amp, this doesn't induce further phase distortion which tends to create that thinner/harsher most of us bassists, prefer to avoid.

matdras and PeterH like this.
  6. PeterH

PeterH

Dec 31, 2015
    Not New York
    Ugh... if I could get this right now I would... I've got a DE-CL and feel like I'd appreciate the difference between my Cali76 CB and an Opti-FET over it and the DE-CL... If this is still here in about a week.... ;)

matdras likes this.
  7. matdras

matdras Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    I might be tempted by pitch shifters and envelope filters....just sayin!

PeterH likes this.
  8. PeterH

PeterH

Dec 31, 2015
    Not New York
    My Micro-tron III is getting buried with me.

Unless I change my mind.

matdras likes this.
  9. Charlie Tuna

Charlie Tuna

Feb 21, 2005
    Key West, FL
    There’s some verbiage in here that @boomertech should add to the FEA website, very clear. I love my Opti-Fet BTW. It has become an always on for me and helped solve my many many years of tone searching.

matdras likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021