Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...Why can't I....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Why can't I find any place that sells Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? It's not like it should be hard, I do live in metro Detroit (unfortunitly). I don't think this movie was on many kids christmas list. I can't find it anywhere.

I used to have this movie, but it got lost when I was moving out of my apartment last summer, so now I have to buy it again. I did find it at Media Play, but of course all they had was some stupid special edition with all this crap on it I don't need for 39$. ***, that's stupid.

Then I find this on cdnow.

34$? Are you kidding me? Last year I bought this movie for 15$ new at the store. Now all the sudden I can't find it anywhere, and it cost 34$ online? Is this thing plated in gold or something? Did they stop production on DVD's for this movie?

As Sienfeld would say, what's the deal?
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ebay, or used video stores. As soon as you buy it at a premium, several places will offer it and...it'll be discounted.
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Just wait a few months. I had the same problem when I was looking for a copy of Spinal Tap a couple of years ago. It had only been an addtional couple of years since its re-release, but I wasn't able to find it at the usual outlets. So finally, I found a copy at Suncoast for $30. I bought it, lent it to a friend who kept it for a few months before moving with it. Later, I was in Best Buy when I saw it for $15 earlier this year, so I scooped it up.
  4. You could do it the illegal way, and download it from somewhere, and then maybe burn it to DVD. The quality may be next to piss poor. But you will have the movie for free.
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't do drugs, so I didn't think that movie was that great.
  6. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Read the book. You will thank yourself. It is not that much different from the movie, only a few minor things. It is still worth your time.
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't the merit of the movie hinges upon one's drug intale or lack thereof. :eyebrow: I am a very light drinker at most , and I did like the movie.
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I just ordered Spinal Tap mfrom Amazon for $7.98
  9. Dude, that was, like, intelligent. :scowl:
  10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    read the book! it's much better, and cheaper!

the vhs is $10 on amazon btw.
  11. Yeah, but Depp really did his homework, and I liked his realisation of Thompson.

And Benicio Del-Toro is one of my fave actors. And he is OFF the chain in this movie. Unreal.

Benny the Bull.

Yeah, the books are ALWAYS better. Your mind's eye is magnificent.
  12. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    It was the giant lizards. Or the bats. I still suspect the lizards however.
  13. +1. The book is a far better read than the movie is watchable.

If you interested in a "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas" lite, check out "Where the Buffalo Roam" with Bill Murray. Hilarious.

14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I was going to suggest the same thing! I thought Bill Murray did a great job in Where the Buffalo Roam.
  15. its hard to find just look online. i paid 50$ for it but i got a speacle one with all these things with the real hunter s. look for where the bufflo roam its came out in the 80's its bassed on fear and loathing on the 72 campain.
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    the vhs still costs $10!!!
  17. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Reading the book is on my list of things to do. I'm not a big online shopper so it's difficult for me to find the movie and the book.

Though I will admitt the movie is better and for the most part was made for people under the influence, it's still not the main reason why I like it.
    I like it for it's odd style and camera work as well.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I didn't impress you with my post... aww shucks.

Lets take a look at the story line.. two guys go to Vegas and do drugs, the end.