Fear Factory

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brendan, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Man, I haven't listened to any Fear Factory since right when Obsolete came out...just started listening to Demanufacture and Obsolete again. It's like the first time all over again. I'm really diggin Obsolete a lot, it seems heavier, thicker than Demanufacture (and we won't go into Digimortal :rolleyes: )

Digging at the moment:
    Zero Signal
    New Breed

Bloody shame they broke up.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Talk about reading my mind, i popped in some Obsolete and it's great, it's one of the heavyst cd's ive ever heard, all of the metal is done "Tastfuly" not stupid and over the top. I'm digging that part in freedom or fire when he goes "HUH!" And that guitar part with the thingy and that.... uh... anyway... digging that...

Then when your not in a metal mood:eek: you can listen to timelesness
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Anybody buy the re-issue? Concrete, I think it's called.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yep. It's Concrete...haven't got it, but am making a point to own it. I hear it's REALLY good.
  5. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Amen Brendan. Hey just a heads up but be on the look out for anything to come out or find its way online about a band called KUSH. Its the rythm section of Fear Factory w/ Stefan Carpenter(guitarist;deftones) and I think B-real of Cypress Hill and mabye someone else also on vocals. Sounds kind of interesting to me. I think www.fearfactory.com has become there temporary website for now.;) :cool:
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, I haven't picked it up yet either.
  7. You forgot Freedom Or Fire (great intro) and Resurrection (has a pretty sing-a-long chorus :p)!

Fear Factory kicks a$$!

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey evil bassplayer, nice to see someone else likes mushroomhead on this thing.
  9. I own every FF CD apart from Remanufacture - lets not go there.

Concrete is AMAZING. It has some previosuly unreleased tracks (8 of em) and the original versions of some tracks from Soul Of A New Machine. Also has tracks that they chopped up and changed for later albums, such as A Therapy For Pain. Two tracks, Big God/Raped Souls and Arise Above Oppression are better on Concrete. It just makes everything else better.

I've seen FF twice, both in manchester in a small venue. Brutal. Once in the run up to Digimortal, and in the Digimortal tour. I love every CD, except for Remanufacture and one track on Digimortal, Back The **** Up. Burt, what were you thinking?

Also look out for Dino Cazare's project with Tony Campos for Static-X. Should be good. Brujeria are still out there too.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Resurrection is an old favorite, I always dig that. That list was digging at the moment.
  11. Why not? Perhaps, do you believe that all the musicians listen to jazz only?:eek: :D

I like Metal mostly, but i have space for something mellow like Evanescence or Jewel, or even Fusion... mood is my DJ :D

12. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I did the same thing bredan,

I haven't listen to FF in about a year or so and now that I have a system in my car I've been lookin for some stuff to pump out. I just remembered that obsolete was a great bassy album. So I burned the CD again and I love it! It's soo cool in my Explorer!
  13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Word. i listen to moslty metal. But i have room for even the sappyst of songs.
  14. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I have the newer release of Obsolete with the new tracks. I dig 'em. Especially their cover of "Cars". Makes me giggle everytime I hear it. :D

15. Yeah about that project that band is called ASESINO

Their website is

They kick ass!! I've seen them twice.
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Holy dead thread, Batman.
  17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well Im glad someone brought it back form the dead. Its been too long since Ive listened to them.

When I get home for spring break Im bringing Obselete back with me.

18. Fear Factory - Archetype release date 4/20

yup, they are alive and kicking!!! From what I've heard this album is gonna kick some, well you know what...It's supposed to be a lot heavier than Digimortal. Can't wait! :bassist: :bassist:
  19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    How can FF exist without Dino playing guitar? It seems to me that he and the drummer WERE the band, and now Dino is out. Who is the replacement?
  20. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    I miss FF. I actually liked Remanufacture. Obsolete and Demanufacture were definately good. My only bitch is that in the studio they would use ProTools to make the double kick stuff perfect, disenchanted me a bit, oh well.

Kush has actually played out a few times. B-real, Stephan Carpenter, Raymond Herrera, Christian Olde Woelbers. God knows when the album will come out.

Qurious as to the new stuff.