1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas....what song is this??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I know there are at least a few people here who love the movie as much as I do, and I know there are some real classic rock experts around here too, so I need your guys' help.
    Any fan of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas knows it has a badass soundtrack. Most of the songs in the movie, I already know and love (except for Tom Jones). But there's one that I can't figure out.
    In the scene where Gonzo is freaking out in the bathtub on acid, before he asks Duke to play White Rabbit. Right when Duke walks into the room, there's a song playing that sounds VERY familiar but I can't remember what it is. You'll know what song I'm talkin about if you can just pop in the DVD (or play it on your PC, whatever you gotta do). Before White Rabbit, the loud badass guitar riff blazing, that's the song I want.
    I thought, since he was listening to a Jefferson Airplane tape, that it might be another song by them, but the soundtrack doesn't list any other JA songs and I'm not very familiar with their stuff.

If anyone knows the name of the song/band, PLEASE tell me.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Ramjam?

3. Ramjam?? Care to elaborate?

4. *bump*
    Sorry to bump, and to double post, but...anyone? Somebody has to know the name of this song.

5. i've been wondering the same thing, i've downloaded as many songs from the soundtrack i can get but none of them are it.

i love that movie...

6. Black Betty? Never seen the movie, but that's the only Ramjam song I can think of.

7. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Ive seen the movie a lot, and Im pretty sure Black Betty is not played at all. I just formatted my HDD and thought I transferred that movie, but didnt... so Ill be back later to confirm. MMMMMMMMMM Fear and Loathing : )
    Its not a very good movie (if you really think about it, its pretty shallow and pointless), but man do I love it.

8. Not Black Betty. Sounds like a lot of noise...............BAH BAH, WAAAAAAIIIII.......BAH BAH, WAAAAAIIIIII

Can't put my finger on it.........

"Oh god...........did you eat all this acid?"

9. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    It's gotta be one of these:

1. Combination Of The Two - Big Brother & The Holding Company
    2. One Toke Over The Line - Brewer & Shipley
    3. She's A Lady - Tom Jones
    4. For Your Love - Yardbirds
    5. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
    6. A Drug Score-Part 1 (Acid Spill) - Tomoyasu Hotei & Ray Cooper
    7. Get Together - Youngbloods
    8. Mama Told Me Not To Come - Three Dog Night
    9. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan
    10. Time Is Tight - Booker T. & The MGs
    11. Magic Moments - Perry Como
    12. A Drug Score-Part 2 (Adenochrome, The Devil's Dance) - Tomoyasu Hotei & Ray Cooper
    13. Tammy - Debbie Reynolds
    14. A Drug Score-Part 3 (Flashbacks) - Tomoyasu Hotei & Ray Cooper
    15. Expecting To Fly - Buffalo Springfield
    16. Viva Las Vegas - Dead Kennedys

10. It's not on the soundtrack....I already checked.

Maybe it's just a part of the film's score?:(

11. OK, at least you know the song I'm talkin about it. It ALMOST sounds like the rhythm from Jimi's "Foxxy Lady", but much heavier and more trippy.

@ Turock--I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's listed. I already downloaded every song I could find from the soundtrack (that I didn't already know wasn't it), and either I'm not getting any results or it's just not the song.

12. reditaliancobra

reditaliancobra

Jan 7, 2012
    so from what I have found, Its another version of foxxy lady by Jimmy Hendrix, but finding that version might be pretty hard. Also a drug score part 3 came up as well.

13. guitardude12

guitardude12

Jan 21, 2012
    I made an account just to tell the song, because i was trying soo hard to find it. It's actually not from Fear and Loathing. Its from the movie Blow, also with Johnny Depp, Its called, Rumble - Link Wray. im just guessing that the song you're talking about?

14. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    i think it's part of the incidental music...

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    This thread was started almost 6 years ago. I wonder if the OP ever got his answer?

16. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I was thinking of the CD Beautiful People put out called If 60's were 90's ( nice play on the song, that ) But it wasn't "heavy" music, it was more trip hop with Jimi's music. I own it and like it, but certainly not a Jimi purists cup of tea. I don't recall if they had a Foxy Lady bit off that CD. It's been a loooong time since I gave it a listen.

Time to drag it out.

17. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, you know what that means we need to do now: Start quoting the movie.

"What's going on in this country when a scum sucker like that can get away with sandbagging a Doctor of Journalism?"

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

19. lavin80r

lavin80r

Feb 14, 2012
    The song comes in at the end of "14. A Drug Score-Part 3 (Flashbacks) - Tomoyasu Hotei & Ray Cooper" and fades into the start of 'Expecting to Fly. I still have no idea who this is though!

20. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Music related posts belong in Miscellaneous.

Thread moved.