SOLD fEarful 12/6 $625 Shipped conus

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by 4Mal, Apr 28, 2014.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    f3.jpg
    Built by me to the Greenboy spec.
    Eminence Alphalite 6" and 3012lf drivers
    original CBG crossover
    Reliable Hardware full screen
    Speaker hardware Duratex finish with a few dings (the screen is good, those are flash reflections on the speaker)
    Recessed handles and jack plate
    Has 2 parallel speakons. These are 4 wire and all 4 are hooked up. There is a cross over defeat switch which allows bi-amped operation.

Built from 12mm void free Baltic Birch - pretty much the standard by which all other ply is judged. As we have a good local source, it is all I use. It goes through my saw like buttah...

Cab is in the 44 lb range.

Not lDearful or nEarful or kinda like a fEarful. It is 100% fEarful. 100 % tip, top condition and it comes with a maroon. Slip cover - forgot that I had that... Pic when I get a chance. Great cab, I just don't need the volume and I have too many rigs and too little space...

At this point I'm keeping the matching sub as it will become part of a biamped drum monitor in my sound company.

625 shipped insured by Fedex Ground, conus. Maybe a bit less if you are close by. Feel free to make an offer. That is inclusive of freight or for local pickup.

Thx! Mal

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Note: I had a question about the mid placement on the left rather than the right side. This was the second 12.6 and the fourth fEarful overall that I built so the driver was flipped to match the other cab when they were stacked vertically. That is why there are corner stackers on the top corners. There are rubber feet on the bottom...

Cabinet construction is rabbet and dado with inset baffles. PL Premium glue. All fasteners except for 1 were pulled after the glue cured. It is to me a much more finished looking cab than the typical butt joint construction method. Rabbet and dado takes more setup time but it has some advantages. Primarily more surface area and so more strength and parts alignment during the actual build. Plus, it's prettier wood working...

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    More pics... First pic below shows the inset rear baffle. The cab actually looks a lot better than the pic would make it appear. i ain't good enough with a camera for the soft focus glam shot... I do however have some Duratex laying about so this weekend maybe I'll be able to get time to do a top coat.

One thing I can tell ya... cabs that sound like this get gigged...
    f1.jpg
    f2.jpg
    f3.jpg
    f4.jpg
    f5.jpg

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    another question. Yes to some limited trades. in particular QSC PLX/ PLX II 1802, 1804, 1104, 2402. Looking for 1 at 500/side into 8 and at 400/side into 8. +/- cash as appropriate

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Gettin' a fresh coat of DuraTex this weekend.

6. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis

Nov 15, 2013
    Orygun
    U.S. Military endorsement since 1984
    Dang Mal. I have it's (damn near) twin sister and would LOVE to add this one to my inventory. Just don't have what you need for trade. I'm in the Willamette Valley and it would be too easy to pick up.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Interested in the sub ? I solved my drum monitor needs with a pair of 15" PAS TOC's. To my way of thinking and ear, 1 mid will keep up with two 12's ... The attached image will demonstrate why I need to part company. The fearful stack is behind my cute pink ac15... Too much stuff, too little space...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  8. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis

Nov 15, 2013
    Orygun
    U.S. Military endorsement since 1984
    Hell yes I'm interested, not certain the wife is! We are going to Reno Wednesday for a couple days. If thing go well, I will be in touch :)

9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Well good luck in Reno!

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Floatin' up again

11. Allrounder

Allrounder

Mar 26, 2014
    Convo'd

12. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Replied. At the moment, I'm hanging onto the f12.6. Allrounder has right of first refusal if I go back on the market. Sub is so far still available.

Thanks!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021