1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fearful 15/6 - $500 Philly area pickup this week only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by heliotropic, Mar 26, 2013.

1. I'm moving on Saturday and have too much stuff, and this is unfortunately my least used cab.

9mInnFil.

This was a mostly built flat pack that I bought off of this forum from JGR last winter. I got the driver/crossover kit from speakerhardware.com, a grill from Reliable Hardware, other various hardware and mostly finished off the cabinet. By mostly there are a couple things left to be done:
    Install corner protectors - I have these and will include them, a couple corners could be sanded down for a more flush fit though.
    Move feet - originally I was going to use smaller metal corners and placed the feet accordingly, then decided to switch to plastic not realizing the feet would need to be moved slightly.
    Re-mount the grill - I cut the rubber supports a little too short (the instructions said an inch, should have allowed for a little more to account for compression) so it rattles a bit.

This was only played on a couple gigs last year before the group I was in disbanded. While I love the volume and amount of low end this thing can produce, it also has a little too much upper mids/treble for my taste. I guess I just prefer/am used to single speaker size cabinets.

Asking $500, local pickup only. The only trade I'd be looking for would be an Aguilar GS 112. I have a GK 700RBII or 800RB you could try it with, or of course you could bring you own amp.

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Even with the fixes this a great price.

Best 'o' luck with the sale.

3. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Santa Cruz Ca
    2 nearful 1515/66's have gone quite cheap.
    Mine had an authorized builder crossover too.
    Problem is most folks won't ship something that big.

4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I had no trouble shipping a 15/6 via UPS.

5. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Rhinebeck, NY
    pm

6. pm'd