fEARful in Yorkshire, UK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dukeorock, Apr 29, 2012.

1. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    Ive been renting back line for a European tour...not my dream rig by any stretch, but not terrible, when along comes Deltafred to the rescue and loaned me his 15/6 for the evening...had to soundcheck with the rented back line gear (GK 1001, with a popular brand 115 and 410 cab)... I play upright bass in a very loud band and this little 15/6 killed the huge stack in every way...I could hear myself better. Off axis hearing was vastly improved, the low end was way bigger, could here the notes better, and all the feedback problems I had in soundcheck were gone...it was a nice night :)

Thanks again, Deltafred!

2. Where can I get one built in the UK? I'm in Newcastle.

3. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    Not really an answer to your question, but have you checked out Barefaced cabs?

4. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    +1 Barefaced are made in the UK and the closest thing you'll get to a fEARful.

5. Methinks Barefaced and Musicman20 have met before and didn't hit it off 100% ;)

6. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    My pleasure Mark, it was good to hear someone else play through it. I walked round the room as you were re-setting your EQ and despite the fact the room was not the best acoustically it sounded very consistent no matter where I stood.

As yet there are no authorised fEARful builders in the UK but I am sure if demand is high enough it is only a matter of time.

You can go the DIY route if you have the time and inclination (or know someone with woodworking experience), although I do understand that it is not for everybody. You don't need to be a cabinet maker to build one just be able to follow the plans to a reasonable accuracy.

The fEARful forum is the best place to start if you do decide to build your own.

7. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Our road manager commented on how much more clear and consistent the bass sounded when walking around the room...for me the off axis thing was a real joy after weeks of using the (somewhat high end) rental cabs :)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021