1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fEarful Thread Closure

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davio, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davio

davio

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Am I the only one a little miffed about Chris Fitzgerald closing the fEarful thread? As I saw it, bassybill gave a warning for members to stop bickering and that was the end of the issue. However, a half-dozen non-bickering posts later the thread was closed "until the mods and admins decide what to do about the incessant bickering that seems to haunt it." I thought that's what they already did.

I PMed Chris shortly after with:
    I have not yet gotten a response and the thread is still closed. Can somebody shed some light on the subject???

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This isn't the place for this. If you have questions, PM the Amps mods, or wait for Chris's reply.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    When moderators delete posts that break the rules, regular members don't see anything in the thread. Moderators see the remains of the deleted posts, and can view the posts intact if they choose. While I appreciate that many people consider reopening the thread a great priority, I also feel it's important for everyone to know that the continued bickering between certain members will not be allowed to continue unabated. At this point, the forum mods and the admins are trying to come to a consensus about what needs to be done in a fair way that lets the different viewpoints be considered. Once we have reached that stage, then either David, John, or I will reopen the thread.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience.

EDIT: To the folks who have PM'd me about this issue, I'm not avoiding you - just waiting to have some actual information to pass on about this issue. We hope to have it resolved soon from our end. The rest will be up to the cooperation of the thread participants.

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    The thread was closed because of some posts that subsequently got deleted and also some PMs that were exchanged whilst Chris was looking into the background. We think we've worked out how to proceed now and the thread should be back open shortly - I hope so, as many members were clearly finding it of interest.

As Ryan says, though, questions like this are better asked via PM. Starting a thread to ask why another has been closed only complicates matters and makes it more difficult for us to sort things out.

By the way, I know it's human nature to moan about us mods and sometimes you might think we do things that are inexplicable, but in my experience all the guys who take on this role do so because they enjoy TalkBass and want to help keeping it running just the way it is. Sometimes we're privy to things that other users are not, and we really try hard to do what we think is best and fairest for everybody. Generally I think we do a good job, so please, try to help us out when you can. When I look at the ways some other places online can get sometimes (like, Youtube comments :eek:), it makes me realise just what a great bunch of people we have here on TB but also why it's occasionally necessary for us to step in and keep things the way they are.

Ooops - looks like Chris and I were responding at the same time. Sorry, boss. Good job we have our story straight, right? :D

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Very well put Bill.

Oh yeah, you did OK Chris. :rolleyes:

:bag: :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.