1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feature on Robby Takac (Goo Goo Dolls) in the Buffalo News

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by blixild, Sep 9, 2016.

1. blixild

blixild

Mar 4, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    From Goo Goo Dolls Land to Buffalo, Robby Takac aims to please - Gusto

I figured I'd share this since it's not often that a bassist gets a full-length feature in a mainstream newspaper. Granted, the article is more a result of Robby's involvement in the community than his bass playing. His Music Is Art foundation does great work and the annual festival (which I'll be playing at this weekend :D) is a lot of fun.

One thing in particular that resonated with me was that he still embodies the bass-player ethos despite being a big-time bassist:

“I prefer to be part of something cool rather than be in front of it,” he said, offering a salient insight into what’s made the Goo Goo Dolls' equation work for three decades. He’s pragmatic and acknowledges his place – which is behind Rzeznik, whom he calls “one of the best songwriters out there.”

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I may pop down there if it doesn't rain too severely.

What is your band's name? What's your slot/stage?

My friend Willie May is playing mid afternoon on the Americana/Blues stage.

3. blixild

blixild

Mar 4, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm playing with Sara Elizabeth on the main stage at 11:15 AM. Hoping the rain doesn't go crazy!

4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    A link is always helpful. ;)

5. blixild

blixild

Mar 4, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Crap, I really thought I put it in my original post. Edited.