Feature on Robby Takac (Goo Goo Dolls) in the Buffalo News

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by blixild, Sep 9, 2016.

1. blixild

blixild

Mar 4, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    From Goo Goo Dolls Land to Buffalo, Robby Takac aims to please - Gusto

I figured I'd share this since it's not often that a bassist gets a full-length feature in a mainstream newspaper. Granted, the article is more a result of Robby's involvement in the community than his bass playing. His Music Is Art foundation does great work and the annual festival (which I'll be playing at this weekend :D) is a lot of fun.

One thing in particular that resonated with me was that he still embodies the bass-player ethos despite being a big-time bassist:

“I prefer to be part of something cool rather than be in front of it,” he said, offering a salient insight into what’s made the Goo Goo Dolls' equation work for three decades. He’s pragmatic and acknowledges his place – which is behind Rzeznik, whom he calls “one of the best songwriters out there.”

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I may pop down there if it doesn't rain too severely.

What is your band's name? What's your slot/stage?

My friend Willie May is playing mid afternoon on the Americana/Blues stage.

3. blixild

blixild

Mar 4, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm playing with Sara Elizabeth on the main stage at 11:15 AM. Hoping the rain doesn't go crazy!

4. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    A link is always helpful. ;)

5. blixild

blixild

Mar 4, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Crap, I really thought I put it in my original post. Edited.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022