1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feature: SVT-VR Double input system! Questioning?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scmyster90, Apr 27, 2009.

1. scmyster90

scmyster90 Guest

Apr 23, 2009
    Hey everyone! I'm back...
    and another question with my SVT-VR, you all know that it has a total of four inputs two are high end inputs and the other are normal.

So my question is does anyone know if you can play two basses individually in both of the normal inputs???

If so does anyone know how I could make a splitter for my bass that will essentially come straight from my bass and into the two normal inputs with with one cable???

I've been thinking about this one for quite sometime and I tried this once with a input splitter that was designed for a stereo jack that splits off the L(elft) and R(ight) to separate inputs. After doing just that and making the sound balance, it caused my whole cable to be HOT, meaning if I were to take the cable and smack it on the ground or step on it... it will sound through the cable and in my amp so then its really not a good set up, plus it has a vary weak signal that causes a really bad hum.

So my whole idea is to take my Ernie Ball bass and plug it in to my SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe pedal and have it come out through a stander mono 1/4" cable and have it split into two male input plugs that will plug into my SVT-VR normal inputs.

Now some of you are wondering why I would even do that...well my reason is I found that using both inputs will make the sound more of a more dynamic frequency rang, such as when I play lower notes such as E on down will give a strong low tone and when I play notes that rang from A to D on up will have a nice strong tone which will balance out the sound and make the bass sound more unique.

Thanks guys!
    Peace!
    Scmyster90

2. To be honest , I have done that with my VR and it really did nothing for me, but the best you can do is trying for yourself. You can play 2 different basses, but in a live situation is not really worth it, or possible, ha ha ha.

3. thatkid

thatkid

Feb 12, 2008
    Columbia SC
  4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I did something like that with my V4 for a while, but it was just so I could run independent channels for clean and dirty. Unlike the SVT, the V4 doesn't have independent EQs for the two channels, so I could only control volume, but it worked out for me at the time. I just used an A/B switch on my board, and as you're using a sans amp, I'll take a leap you're not against using pedals, so this may work for you. You can get a switch that allows you to do A/B or A+B, which would give you a chance play around with it to get different sounds and such.

6. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    You could have your FX send go to one input on the SVT and your normal 1/4" out go to the other.