Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feb. 18, 2003 SNOWSTORM!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I just got done snowblowing well.......everything. I mesured in my back yard (with the snow the 3 weeks before) 34.6 inches:eek: Everything is covered! its great. Logan airport I think is being hit the hardest, with one runway open, well, glad I'm not flying today! Anyone in the boston metro area seeing as much snow as I am? It's 11:03 here, and were still expectin another 2 to 4 inches.

BTW, I live in woburn, few miles north of boston.

2. It's still snowing.... over a day already.....jebus...

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    We got like, eight feet ;) here in western Ma. We had to plow the driveway twice. The snow banks are taller than I am.

4. We got over 2 feet here in Webster, with another 3 or so expected this afternoon. I don't remember having this much snow in the yard since I was about 6. I live on the corner of 2 streets and the snowbank there is at least 15 feet tall.

5. there's a little over 2 feet here in Amherst and i think we are getting a little more today.

6. i couldn't see out of the second story window by my bed because the snow is so high on my roof. it's gotta be at least two feet where i am.

7. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Good old Amherst. If you see a black Saab with no badges fly by erratically, that'd be me going to work. I need snow tires.

8. Are you on the umass campus at all? didn't realize you were that close to my area.

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I went to Umass, I work on University Dr. -You know the road the football "stadium" is on? The one near southwest with at least one cop for every ten yards of street and potholes that small countries could fall into? My work is across from the post office. I drive there everyday, when I actually go to work that is. :D

10. Ghosta

Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    Wow what a doozie down here in the D.C. area. About 20+ inches. Almost as much as the blizzard of 96.

And we already have two days off this week (not counting presidents day) we have had 6 snowdays and have 2 additional days at the end of the year and we miss one day of spring break here.:(

11. cool! i might have to drop by sometime:D Is it in that little plaza with mailboxes ect.? while on the subject, is there anyone else in the Amherst area?