Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

February

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Lets talk about how much we dislike february.

I really dislike it. It has to to be the worst month of the year. Its cold with nothing to look forward to. Unless you like getting sick because everyone gets the flu in february, like me. Out of school, stuck in a bed for a whole week. Eating nothing but toast and tea. I am this ugly grey colour because my skin hasn't sence the sun in maybe 5 months. Its muddy and cold out. I only have the energy to sleep all day. I can't wait for spring. In spring I get to wear my jean jacket and watch the the grass trun green. I bring my amp out side and play all night in the garage. I get to ride my dirt bike. I turn 16 this year. Maybe get a job. But in february Its to cold to go outside. I have to wear my stupid winter coat. I can't ride my dirt bike. No one is hiering because "its going to be a slow until spring"

BRIGHTSIDE: I lost like 6 pounds this week from not eating and soon spring, warmth, new breaking point and our lady peace albums will be here :D

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yet its black history month,are you still against it? ;)

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I like February okay; but it's a really nice day today, beautiful but a little chilly. It's still warm enough to walk around in jeans and shirt sleeves. :D

March will probably be a huge mess for me, though. Usually when we have a really mild winter like we have, the end of February/beginning of March brings a big (for this area, anyway) snowstorm, and since nobody around here's really used to snowfall in an amount over an inch, the entire city will shut down.

4. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    A black friend of mine sent me a text message last week from New Orleans wishing me a happy mardi gras. I replied and wished him a happy black history month. I'm not sure who had more fun with it, but I'm glad we're easy enough friends that we can screw with each other like that.

5. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Lesseee, you're feeling sick, it's too cold, it's grey outside, you're grey.... 'cause you live in Canada in the winter!! (sounds pretty logical to me) :eyebrow:

Besides, if not for winter, spring/summer wouldn't mean as much.

Sorry 'bout the health thing, tho'...feel better!

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    2005 in general has gotten off to a sucky start.

I wouldn't lay all the blame on Feb, it's the gimp month. Go easy on it.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Are you keeping the moss between your toes trimmed?

-Mike

8. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    February is boring. It has no personality (like April or October or November have), except for its two silly holidays, Groundhog's Day and Valentine's Day. My birthday is at the end of the month though, so that's fun. Actually I've never been a big "birthday guy" so it doesn't feel that special when it's my birthday (although this year I will cease to be a teenager, so that's a special birthday).

This year I was very sick at the beginning of February (the sickness lasted from about January 23rd to about February 3rd). Also it's been really freezing here for the last few weeks.

Eh, I'm having a crappy semester too - too much reading, too many papers, too much pressure to finish a couple of pieces (a piano trio, and a piece for the NYU orchestra competition).

9. If it makes you feel any better, it's the shortest month of the year.

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Pfffft, you can ride your dirtbike in the snow/cold; I did all the time back in PA! May have been some of the funest I had on a bike even...

Sorry to hear about your health, I'll drink one for ya tonight.

I agree, this month sucks, BUT, there are redeeming qualities about it, and you can't bitch about everything.

Ray

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    So you're from Canada, and you can't wait to wear your jean jacket, ride your dirtbike, and play in your garage? You sound like an extra from some Bryan Adams video from 1984.

"starts humming" I got my first real six-string, bought it at the five and dime..."/humming"

I love February-my birthday is in it :D

12. So I take it you have no boyfriend?

No, that's not a propasition.

Rock on
    Eric

13. Too funny!!!!!!!!!!

Rollins born 2.13.61
    Me born 2.25.72
    Johnny Cash born 2.26.32

It's a rockin month, just remember, musicians don't fly in Febuary

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Cold? Its nice and sunny down here.

15. Rub it in, why don't you!!!

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Any day I am &$%&#&$* above ground is a good day.

Besides it's 2:45 in the AM. Just got in from a payin' gig.

17. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D
    Actualy yesterday wasn't bad at all. I washed the family van wearing very heavy welding glooves. While I was rocking out to Pride and Glory. Today is yuck out.
    I just realized if move to say L.A or something I would be the strange man from Canada.

18. I like February. My birthday is in this great month. Did I mention, it snowed last week, now its pouring down rain, making huge mud holes everywhere? And, it's been colder than pluto here the past few days, until today. Yep, I love this month.

19. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Got the flu.. and it's all this month's fault! :mad:

Or it could be that five hours sliding down the snowy hillside on tuesday without a bottle of "internal woolshirt" to sip on. After few days in bed, am feeling better already though :hyper: