Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fed Ex tracking question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 28, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am expecting a bass from Fed Ex today and when i went to the tracking page the last entery was from Friday when it was leaving Ohio and it is due in NY today with still no update on the tracking page. Is fedex slow with updating the tracking page with current location?, i seem to remember last time i used fedex the day i got it it said out for delivery. What do you think is going on?.Thanks

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    sometimes. I've seen the same before, then had the item delivered. Just out of curiousity I've checked later in the evening and seen that it said "delivered" etc. I wouldn't worry yet.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Same thing has happened to me before too. My package will go a couple days without an update, starts to make me nervous. As long as the delivery date hasn't changed, you are safe.

It truly is a great feeling to check the status of your arriving package and see it say "Out For Delivery". I have some new pickups arriving tomorrow, so I know what you're going through right now.

-Mike

4. FedEx can be shady with their tracking sometimes, but usually stuff gets there by the stated delivery date, so there isn't much to complain about.

5. MAJOR METAL

Man i cant wait to get this Sadowsky in my hands :hyper: . So it is possible that it could be out for delivery and it just isint listed?. The delivery date is still listed as the 28th.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yes, very probable.

7. MAJOR METAL

Great :)

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh crap! This is your bass? I thought the FedEx guy left me a present. :)

-Mike

9. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Around here at least, there is a huge difference in the two services, not only for tracking but for everything else as well. If it's Ground service, not seeing the last few scans until after delivery is pretty common.

10. MAJOR METAL

Yes it is fed ex ground

11. MAJOR METAL

Mike

That is one big mix up since we are in compltely opposite directions by a few thousand miles. ;)

12. I had a Fed Ex guy rear end me once. I was parking and This truck comes slamming into me. I said "What are you doing??!" He replied " Stopping"

No relation to the thread , just thought id throw that in.

13. MAJOR METAL

I am going to check to see if it got delivered, i hope so. :hyper:

14. MAJOR METAL

Its 6.35 PM and i still havent recived the bass, i know fed ex does deliver later but their has still been no update on the internet tracking.

15. captainbeardo

captainbeardo

Mar 11, 2005
    The tracking information that you can get throught the internet is only a snapshot of their actual tracking info. That's why sometimes you can actually get the package before it's delivered, and then later see that it was delivered. Also, some trucks don't have the latest communication equipment to report each package as it's delivered. Their cheaper services(Ground) which don't have the in your hand by 8:00 or you get head guarentee, don't always get the latest and greatest equipment.

Of course you really don't care, you just want your bass, and you want it now :) . Do they list estimated day of delivery? I know UPS used to.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Strange....I had it in the box and out the door as fast as I could. :)

Seriously though....man, I hate that feeling. Don't worry though, you'll hear that big old FedEx truck come rolling up in your driveway later this evening. I got a package once around 8PM. The guy came in a passenger van, surprised me.

-Mike

17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    FedEx ground isn't guaranteed to be deliver on the estimated date. You may not get it today.

Give FedEx a call. 1800 GOFEDEX and when the computer starts asking questions say "rep" so you can talk to a real person.

18. That's the next bass-related purchase I'm making when I get back to the lower 48. Just can't afford shipping on a bass up to Alaska...only shipping options available to my location is UPS/FedEx Two Day Air.

19. MAJOR METAL

Thanks Nino , I called fed ex and they had it listed as commerical and said it wasent open so they will call tuesday to say it is on the way.

20. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hmm. If it was marked as Commercial, it "should" of been delivered on Monday. Residential packages aren't delivered on Monday. Only Tues-Sat.