FedEx incompetence

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lo-end, Feb 1, 2006.

1. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
  2. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    You've called them, I assume? 1-800-GOFEDEX
  3. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    They didnt know where it is
  4. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Then call them back and file a claim. I'm assuming it was insured...
  5. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Yeah, file a claim. Also contact the police about it to see if they can do anything. Driver/delivery person/people may have taken it, who knows.
  6. Sorry to hear about that, hope they can pull their heads out and you get reimbursed or they find it. I've got a double bass on the way, should be here any day now; glad its not FedEx....
  7. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    You guys aren't getting it - FedEx is one of the best in the business. But their service level isn't 100% - nobody's is. They are, however, closer to 100% than anyone else.

That being said, they want you to be made whole. If there's a screw-up, file the claim and get the wheels rolling to be reimbursed. If you file the claim, they most likely will make an extra effort to locate the package, including calling the cops.

One other thing - it may be the shipper that needs to actually file the claim. Usually it's whoever is paying the shipping charges on the airbill.
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    The shipper has to make the claim. I filed a Fedex damage claim once, and had my check within weeks. It was a very quick and easy process.
  9. rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    Depends undergarments will cure their incontinence problem.
  10. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    OK i see your a fan of fedex but its not just the driver.
    I have been on the phone with 6 managers, supervisors etc etc.
    They tell me a different story of what happened every time!
    it is VERY clear they are covering up an internal problem.
    The driver signed and either stole it or lost it, they dont want to cough up the $$ and they have been saying over and over
    that that signature is proof enough to deny the claim.

FACT" I was 500 miles away and have documentation of this.
    so were the other 2 people who live there and there are zero authorized signers on my behalf.

The driver who probably felt the crunch after forging my sig left me a door tag that read that he needed a signature for a package that was delivered, and signed for by him!!!!
    by any reasonable cognition that should be proof enough to grant the claim.

they told me to F-off and they wont grant the claim so now I have to sue them. Thats not just one bad driver.
    that is a whole corrupt organization If I sue them any jugde will look at the track path and the different stories plus the silly door tag asking for a signature after they say on one hand "its good enough to deny the loss claim" but on the other hand leave me a message for my signature on that very same package.

I am seriously pisses that a big corporation with billions in assets is giving me the bend over w/out lube treatment.

and I have talked with like 15+ people there at the local hub/the main office and the claims branch.
    all in all I have had only problems throughout the years with fedex and truly truly HATE THEM!
  11. This entire story sounds... well.... odd. The delivery man left you a tag admitting that he forged your sig??????? Go to the cops! At the very least, ask Fedex to send you a copy of the signed delivery receipt.
  12. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    I have a printed copy, and they signed t and then scribbles, nothing even remote to what I have on my liscence or check or credit cards etc etc.
    I know it very very messed up!
  13. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Have someone send you something FedEx. Chances are, it's the same driver on the same route everyday. When the 2nd package arrives, be there with a "welcoming party". Surround him and either kick his ass(not advised) or call the cops. Don't let him leave until the cops arrive. Then let them sort it out. They recently destroyed my brand new Schroeder cabinet, and I'm waiting for a replacement. I must admit though, the ass kicking idea would give me much more personal satisfaction.
  14. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

It's not a corrupt organization. They deliver millions of packages every day. Even if ONE THOUSAND of the packages got lost that would still only be a tiny percentage of bad sections. Like not even 1/10th. Plus, do you really think the company would benefit from it? The individuals, possibly. If it's clearly not your signature, that should be enough to file a legitimate claim to the cops already.
  15. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    The whole story sounds odd ..... No FedEx driver is going to risk stealing a $1K amp, then forge a signature, admit to forging the signature, then get the whole FedEx organization to assist him in the theft. I'm sure his job, health insurance, 401K and security is more important to him than your amp.

I have shipped 12 basses over the past 10 months with FedEx, all without a problem. Over the past three years I have only had one issue with FedEx, which they settled in 17 days. Handling that much freight every day, something is bound to go wrong, and it's unfortunate thst you happened to be one of the ones caught up in their mistake.

Take a breath, then speak to a FedEx office in a non-confrontational tone. They'll help you find out what went wrong. This same type of post has been made about UPS, DHL, USPS, Roadway and many others. I somehow doubt they are all crooks ........
  16. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Todd - Save your rage for true injustices. Quit bitchin' about it and get the shipper to file the damned claim. Amongst all the shipping companies, FedEx pays them off with the least amount of resistance.

Methinks you have already spent more emotional capital on this than the value of the amp.