Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fedex is kinda dumb IMO

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Minger, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Bah...so I get a lot of headphones off of ebay for 1 cent and $12 shipped...

So apparently they coulda been at my house today...except for the fact that on the tracking it says the estimated date is the 30th so it wasnt shipped today because its not due yet.

Im just a little annoyed because you'd think that they could just deliver 2 days before and get it off their hands...

Sorry, just a little rant because I don't like the stock buds that came with my Zen Touch - although they actually do sound nice, I've gotten used to clip on headphones...

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah they had my bass but some reason it wasent deliverd to me today.

3. Obviously, the delivery guy is jamming on your Sadowsky. It may never be delivered.

:eek:

4. MAJOR METAL

I never thought of that :eek: , i hope tomorrow we will be united :D

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I got it even worse from them for the same reason-my fretless Elrick was being shipped to me, and it was "out for delivery" on the website, so I waited the whole day for it, watching sadly as the FedEX truck came and went by my house three times throughout the day. Turned out the estimated delivery date wasn't until the next day, so they had put it on the truck, then found out they couldn't deliver it, even though they stopped RIGHT NEXT DOOR to my house, and I had to wait another day for it. Nothing is worse than waiting for something you really want, then realizing it won't be coming that day.

6. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

If they did that routinely, what incentive would you have to use the faster Express services? :cool:

Mondays are the busiest day for FedEx couriers, I used to really hate 'em. If I had packages due on Tues or Wed, they usually didn't even get loaded on the truck on Monday. Actually, a lot of times, stuff sits somewhere further back in the system over the weekend if it's not due on Monday.

7. MAJOR METAL

Sounds very much like me today except mine had a delivery date of today.

8. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Actually, mine was 3 day shipping too I think - and It was shipped on Friday....

9. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

That'd make it due on Wednesday; 3 business days, no?