Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fedex Lost My Fbass and My Acacia!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J.Wolf, Nov 10, 2004.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Its a sad day folks. Not just one but two basses vaporized!

If you happen to be in the San Francisco bay area, please keep your eyes out for two basses that "mysteriously disappeared" there while in the hands of Fedex.

Yup, they lost my basses!! How does a big black box with a $6K insurance tag just wander off? Hmm? Kinda makes you wonder. So I guess I'm pretty screwed now.

One is an Fbass BN6 six string with a sunburst finish and a maple fingerboard, and the other is a one of a kind Acacia instruments custom fretless with an macassar ebony top and RMC piezo bridge.

If you happen to see either of these basses or have any info, let me know, I'm offering a nice reward for information and/or recovery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help. By the way, don't trust fedex with your stuff unless you insure the crap out of it!!

by the way, if you know anyone who is selling a F bass sixer, let me know, I guess I'm shopping now......

Jake
    www.jakewolfmusic.com

2. Wow...thats all i can think to say...wow.

I hope they turn up real soon, and that this is just some stupid mix up.

3. man that _*_*in' sucks major. hope they have written you a full check for both basses!

4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
  5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    The big kicker is the Acacia. As rare as that thing is, no monetary amount can cover that.

You can probably find an F for a great price compared to what you insured it for. But man, an Acacia has wandered off!

SHIM SHAM I say.

6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Sorry to hear that man.

Keep bugging Fedex, and it hopefully will show up. It's happened to other basses around here (that did show up), but man...your loss would make the record books. :(

FWIW, I have a piezo equipped F Bass BNF5. If you want to try it out, or need it for a gig emergency, or want to play it before you go into F bass withdrawl, feel free to email me. I'm in Oakland.

Marshall

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    There was actually an Acacia for sale at the Atlanta Bass Gallery a couple of months ago. I don't know if it ever sold, or not. It might be worth a call in the off chance they still have it.

Sorry to hear about your basses. That really sucks.

8. Do you mean to say the insurance doesn't cover mysterious disappearances? Because that makes it totally worthless. Sounds to me like you should be getting a whole lotta' money from FedEx, and otherwise you need to topple their evil delivery empire.

Sweet lookin' basses, too. :scowl:

9. From reading TB for a month, it would appear that an unscrupulous bass enthusiast works for fed ex. I wonder if they have an x-ray machine or something they routinely use and where such a device is located.This should be investigated.

10. They lost a 2800 pound skid (doorhanger ads), they had record of picking it up and then no idea what happened. They said they have ten days to find it, twentyone days later they found it on a dock two states out of any sensible route to get it to the destination. We had already had them reprinted when the ten day window passed, now they are arguing about it because they found the skid. :eyebrow: They just don't understand why the client wouldn't be fine with delivering the hangers after the sale date they are for has passed...

I get nervous when anything I care about will be in the hands of any of the shipping companies. I hope your instruments reappear with no damage, and soon.

11. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    interestingly enough, they threw in the towel after just a couple of days of looking. That must mean that they really have no idea what the $%^ happened. Usually they string you along for a while before finally admitting defeat and asking you to submit a claim. They said it completely vanished and hasn't been seen since last tuesday, so who knows. I think they exercised all their resources and came up with diddly, so they just gave up. It sounds like they're not even looking anymore. Odd.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the full declared value. The actual retail value for them would be more than 6K, I wish I had insured it for more like 7K. I can replace the Fbass easily enough, but the Acacia is a real tragedy. That was such a great bass. No chance of ever finding another Acacia I like as much as that one.

Oh well, life goes on. Thanks for the sympathies. Who knows maybe they'll show up in a few months in Dijibouti or Calcutta!! Maybe some Fedex employee is sounding damn good tonight..

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    What is with Fedex lately?!

13. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Were they shipping to you or from you to another destination?

14. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    It was being shipped to me, but didn't make it very far at all.

15. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I loved that Acacia!

Jake, if I see somebody with that bass I will personally kick their ass and take it from them.

16. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Holy crap. Sorry man. :(

We have had some FedEx-shipped packages arrive with damaged contents recently - though we're not sure yet if they were damaged before or during shipping.

17. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ya, knwo I used to highly prefer FedEx over the other shippers, but I am beginning to get very suspicious with the rate at which they are burglarizing basses. How stuff just "dissappear"??? There is a reason that String players drive across teh country or fly out personjally to transport and instrument. Some DB players with antique basses actually buy a plane ticket for the bass and fly with it- the only way to be REALLY sure it will get somewhere safely.

18. :bawl:

I hope everything's gonna get fixed.
    Don't give up. Make them pay!!!

19. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I tried a basic search but nothing obvious --- what other FedEx disappearances have TBers seen lately?

20. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I know of the "Infamous White Sadowsky" and also I shipped a Rickenbacker a little while ago that was lost. Both of those escaped the FedEx Bermuda Triangle though.

Marshall