Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FedEx May Have Given Away My Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I had to return my Sadowsky to Roger to fix a small finish issue. Sent the box out on the 20th, and just realized that nobody's called me yet. I check tracking, and it says the package is still in Providence. Talked to Wesley at Sadowsky and none of the techs have the bass.

Wesley called me back after checking with FedEx and it turns out they delivered it to the wrong address. I guess FedEx called the driver to pick it up tomorrow... I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Damn. :(

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Holy Crap! Man, I am crossing my fingers too! That would really suck bad.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    AJ, I sure hope that bass was insured. :eek:

4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    That's another thing I don't know... It was picked up on a call ticket. Wesley wasn't sure if it was or not. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Man that's harsh.

I am not familiar with how that business is run but I don't think having or not having enough insurance will be a factor here if the bass is lost because it can be directly attributed to their negligence?

I hope you get your Ski back.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Forget it....I AM NOT GIVING THIS BABY UP!!!!!! PLays like a dream! :p

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    LOL! I was waiting for somebody to help cheer our colleague up!

8. good luck man... sounds like they really messed up

9. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thanks guys... at least they know EXACTLY where they delivered it and they know what driver delivered it. I wonder what the stats are on these types of cases in terms of successful recovery. I mean what happens if they go there and the guy just says it's gone?

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Well, if somebody dishonest signed for it then FedEx can go after them for you. But if your bass got dropped off at the front door of an honest person then it's just a matter of contacting him/her and getting it back. I hope it does end up with good people.

I know I won't sign for anything that's not mine. And if an unexpected package ended up by at my front door, that thing is going back to the real owner.

11. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    That's terrible news, I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out 100% for you.

- Art

12. I think you'll be okay. If they've got the address it was sent to, and the driver that misdelivered it, you're probably going to see it again. I've been there; I've had stuff recieved across town because there's an address identical to mine except for one word in the street, and UPS keeps screwing it up! :spit: Mine's a residence and the other's a business complex, which makes it worse, since when they give it back to the driver, he may send it back to the sender because it doesn't have a UNIT NUMBER for the complex it shouldn't have gone to in the FIRST place! Gets REALLY frustrating! Luckily, they got my bass shipped to me correctly :bassist: , but I was sweating it until it got here! So keep the faith, pal! ;)

13. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    I had exactly the same thing happen to me and it all worked out. Don't sweat it just yet.

14. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Yeah... it's just not knowing yet that's killing me. I'm probably 95% confident. I don't think anyone should go through this crap.

15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Man thats got to be almost as bad as having a kid in the hospital! Hope it works out!
    Steve B

16. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

As someone who has their child in the hospital on a regular basis (uncontrolled epilepsy), I beg to differ. A bass is one thing; watching your child nearly die is quite another. (end of tiresome lecture -- I know you were just exaggerating). :)

However, this is one special bass in question. AJ, you have my sympathies. I sure hope it works out.

And I swear it wasn't me that has your bass, though you know how much I covet it. I live in Portland, OR, which is a long way from the Northeast (probably a good thing; if I visited the Sadowsky shop, I doubt I could contain myself).

Best wishes on recovering the greatest bass I've seen pictures of.

17. jow83

jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Man that sucks, that bass was the cause of my Sadowsky gas, I hope if finds its way home!

18. Man, I'm losing all faith in Fed-Ex.

When doc540 shipped my essex to me, it took them nearly 4 days to ship it off, then it bounced around Texas for a couple days; and when it got here they wouldn't let my mom sign for it. Lame.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you. If not, I'll toss 20$ towards gas money to the guys house :D .

That bass is easily in the top 5 most beautiful I've seen.

19. Man hope everything turns ok
    But what was the problem with the bass?

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    AJ - i will be watching this thread- i had an Accugroove tri 112 delivered to the wrong address ( my old address) and the scumbag kept it! i even saw the empty box in his front yard! i knocked on the door..no answer- he denied everything, i made a police report.. nothing! he just stole the thing. Everyone washed their hands, if not for Mark at Accugroove, i would have taken the hit entirely!