1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FedEx pssed me off.. i want my Sadowsky!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pstyle, Feb 29, 2008.

1. so I'm sitting here rolling my thumbs waiting for fedex to drop off a Sadowsky 4-string for me...
    I go to check their website and the tracking number just pass time and it says they attempted delivery 30 mins ago and no one was home! I open my door and there's the FedEX tag hanging on my door :bawl:

I've been sitting on my computer, about 15 feet from my frontdoor the whole day.. i don't think they even bothered to ring the doorbell. Anyway.. I'm pissed. The pickup location is an hour away so I have to sit here and wait til tomorrow. :spit: .. and my Sadowsky has to sit another 24 hours in freezing temps!

2. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    I got a similar note once saying I should pick up something the next day at the post office but I took a chance and went in and was able to pick it up the same day.

3. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    dude that sooooo sucks..

I had UPS say no one answered the door..

So I called them and told them, and she said the driver said he rang the door bell 3x and no one answered..

I told her nice try, he not only never attempted to deliver it but rang no bell

She said how do you know that.

I said its a business we have no bell..

She apologized and they sent out a special van with my bass..

I hate when they do stuff like that and then lie about it..

4. Well, that's not even THAT bad.

I ordered a bass and according to the tracking site, IT WAS DELIVERED.
    And I didn't have it, so I went to the postal office and they told me the address was wrong so the kept it at the office for about... 4 hours...
    and then they had the great idea to ship it back... TO JAPAN!

After lots of angry calls, it was somehow returned to the postal office and I could finally play it, after about 3 weaks of delay in total.

5. SweBass

SweBass

Jul 28, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Same thing happened to me with DHL. They said they attempted deliver but no one was home. I called them up and complained and she called the driver who said he even opened up the screendoor to knock on my door. I live in an apartment complex with no screendoors, so obviously he was full of s**t. 30 min later he showed up with my package.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Call your local FedEx office. They should have the driver make another attempt at delivery.

7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Call FedEx. They may be able to ask to driver to return to you. I've done that with my Canadian Purolator courier service.

8. Wow that does suck. I had something similar happen and the involved a crazy ex girlfriend. I had ordered a new $2500 custom computer system for myself and had her house as the delivery address (cuz I spent most of my time there). So one day we get into a fight over something silly and it happens to be the same day the computer is being deliver. The B!@tch refuses delivery and they send it back to CA. Needless to say, I had to wait another 2 weeks to get it. Oh well. She's miserably married now so it's all good :)

9. Call them.
    They can have him come back (don't let them tell you otherwise) or find out where one of his stops may be and meet him (they did this for me once).

10. I did.. the rep said he had no way of making contact with the driver. Is he lying?

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    FedEx site said my was bass was due the 29th when shipped, halfway here it changed to the 28th, I was happy, then it didn't show up yesterday and it says out on the truck today.

I am sticking around because it's sig required. I hope I get that bridge today as well :)

12. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    You have to ask for the number of the LOCAL Fedex for that driver and ask to speak with a manager there.

13. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    That happened to me with Fedex several times. I also was sitting in and doing my stuff literally 3 feet away from the door. They claimed they knocked the door but it was simply impossible for me not to hear it. One time, driver supposedly attemped to delivery 3 days in a row! I told that and still they said I had to go there and pick up the stuff myself. All I was told that driver knocked the door and noone answered.

In my experience, there is no way for the driver to change the route and come back to you for delivery. They accept no responsibility what so ever.

14. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    For sure they contact a driver otherwise how can I call at 3 in the afternoon to arrange a pick up the same day and have the driver show up.

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    No, you were probably speaking to someone in a call center. They don't have any way of contacting them. They will try their damnedest not to give it to you, but you have to get the local office number from them. Someone there will be able to get in touch with the driver, who owes you one bass!

16. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

Our local Fedex and UPS delivery people could not find their own collective asses if they started out with their hands in their back pockets.....I have told them so repeatedly and all I get is a blank expression...

17. That happened to me once with when I lived in CA. I called and bitched and they sent out another driver that evening to make a special delivery.
    However , I HAD paid for Next Day red label service.
    Maybe they won't do it for Ground...

18. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    When you finally do see your driver and you get your bass, thank them, give him/her a $20 and tell them that there's a $20 for each correct delivery in the future. Money talks.

19. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    Wait a minute, if these knuckleheads can't remember if you even have a screen door, or a doorbell; they can't recall if they really knocked on your door or not--do you really think they'll remember who gave them 20 bucks?:rollno:

Billy-Bob

20. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    13293-w400.