1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FedEx Woes...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PRS-Man23, Dec 9, 2019.

1. PRS-Man23

PRS-Man23 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Hey all,
    Wanted to post this incredibly frustrating & funny FedEx fiasco I’m currently going through. Firstly, I usually don’t like to post negative stuff like this,
    Not that I’m above it, I’m a human being & even though these are silly, first-world problems it’s worth a quick read!

Bought a bass on reverb, seller shipped it out immediately!
    FedEx gives me a delivery date of Saturday. Tracking shows package on the truck out for delivery. Saturday comes and goes.

Tracking now shows it was scanned back in at local hub, and now scheduled for delivery Sunday. Same exact situation, Nothing comes.

Today, shows out for delivery, but was never scanned out of the hub, so it appears that it’s just sitting there. Nothing, and now it shows delivery for tomorrow...
    I called to see if I could get any additional info. The lady was nice, but literally just read me the tracking data.

I’d be totally fine if it took 5 days, or a week or two to get to my home...but that anticipation of a NGD, patiently waiting 3 days in a row for nothing to show up is brutal. But again, first world problems. Just wanted to share a funny story, as I’m sure many of you have been in the same situation!

Here’s hoping for tomorrow! Can’t wait to play my new Brubaker....
    I’ll post pics if/when it comes.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    I guess one of the FEDX people had a gig and needed a cool bass for the evening.

Just saying...

HG1180, kobass, garak7 and 7 others like this.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Could be worse...On Friday FedEx decided that rather than leave a large somewhat expensive package at the well sheltered, well shoveled and accessible entry they traditionally use (at my garage, where both UPS and USPS left packages the same day)...they'd rather wade through the snow first thing in the morning and leave the box in a nice snow drift exposed to the falling snow for me to find 7 hours later.

It's the holidays. They've got amateurs with no skills and possibly low IQs taking the extra shipping load for the regular drivers.

4. ACWild

ACWild

Nov 5, 2019
    I feel your pain. FedEx was supposed to drop off my new cab (signature required) last Friday. Tracking showed that it arrived in NJ by my town on Thursday. Friday it got moved to another town in NJ and sat. Then the arrival date got changed to “Pending.” On Saturday, the package got shipped to New York with a new arrival date of Tuesday. Today, it got changed to arrive today.
    It’s not like I urgently need the cab but the signature required made it so that I couldn’t go out and get some things done.
    Good luck!

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    I was told by a FedEx employee that the FedEx ground drivers are not employed by FedEx. Most FedEx trucks are a d.b.a. I looked at several of the trucks and sure enough, there seem to be more moving companies, at least here in Denver, delivering for FedEx.

The delivery experience I've received from several shipments with FedEx has been less than adequate.

Mike Whitfield and ACWild like this.
  6. People in developing countries have much worse trouble getting their packages delivered, trust me on this.

Set your delivery to will-call next time & pick it up from the nearest pickup point.

7. ACWild

ACWild

Nov 5, 2019
    I had a Ryder truck deliver my package from them today. Is it because of the holidays?

8. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Both FedEx and UPS supplement their fleets of delivery trucks with rentals here this time of year. They put on a temporary small sign with their name and DOT number.

9. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Might explain the delivery person who has been launching packages over my unlocked front gate. One of them landed square on my porch. The other not even close.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  10. Spupilup

Spupilup

Jan 11, 2019
    FedEx Ground/Home delivery is provided by contractors. They are seldom employees of FedEx. The quality of delivery by these contractors varies, sometimes dramatically. Personally, I use FedEx Ground/Home only because they tend to be cheaper than UPS when I’m shipping large parcels. Smaller ones almost always go by USPS Priority or First Class Mail.

Another thing is that FedEx Home (parcels addressed to residences as opposed to Ground which is typically for commercial deliveries M-F) delivers on Tuesday through Saturday under normal situations. During the holidays all bets are off. But, that could explain why the OP was initially told to expect delivery Friday, then Saturday and then finally Tuesday.

BurnOut likes this.
  11. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    I feel your pain.

I've had several packages recently, both UPS and FedEx, that took some interesting circuitous routes to finally get to me, several days later than expected. It is the worst though, when it seems like they just get left off the truck, and are sitting at the local hub. I've never tried calling to see if they'd let you pick it up in that case, but maybe they would.

12. Spupilup

Spupilup

Jan 11, 2019
    I’m not far from a UPS distribution center and have made arrangements to pickup my parcels there many times. If tracking shows delivery is scheduled for a given day, call I the carrier the night before and have them pull the parcel for pickup at their facility. It’s pretty easy to do.

As has been mentioned before by Killed_ by_Death, FedEx has an agreement with Walgreens/RiteAid where they will leave your parcel for you to pickup at your convenience. There are ways to avoid sitting home all day waiting for a package where a signature is required.

13. Fed ex is so terrible here that now once I see that the item is at their local facility I call and tell them to just hold it and I’ll come pick it up. So many issues over the years. I’ve gotten dozens of “missed ya” things on my door while I was home. Had one driver say didn't do delivery because they saw a wasp on my porch, had another driver literally stopped in the street looking down at their phone for several minutes while I stood 15 feet away in my front yard and then chased them down the road as they drove away, at least that time I was able to call and they did make the driver come back about 30 minutes later.

Spidey2112 and PRS-Man23 like this.
  14. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

This ^^^

15. Totally understandable, honestly :roflmao:

16. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Tis the Season.

It’s not just Fedex.

But I have to admit the USPS service has been absolutely stellar this year where I am.

17. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I've had stuff come from 200 miles away take detours through places 1000 miles away. It still baffles me how shipping things works.

But yeah, anticipation sucks.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  18. nbsipics

nbsipics Unstuck in Time Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I use a local UPS store. Everything gets delivered there. Base cost is about $400/year. But time spent dealing with issues like the above has cost me far more in the past. I tip the guys and they take great care of me and my stuff. And I have had zero issues for a couple of years now. Yes, I have to drive a couple of miles to pick stuff up. But no more stuff getting stolen or damaged because it was left outside, etc. I like it.

Flooflox likes this.
  19. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I had a UPS package shipped for two-day delivery last week, from California to Virginia. I got a shipping notice (label created) on Monday. Origin scan at UPS was Wednesday, and estimated delivery date was Friday. Didn't show up. Late Friday night, after it was obviously not getting there, tracking showed new delivery date Monday (yesterday). Still didn't show up. Now it says delivery today, we'll see. Not sure how "UPS two day" delivery takes six days. On the bright side, it's not a bass.

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Very true... might as well add Amazon in there too, since they have their own delivery 'force'*.

* Maybe a better word?

40Hz likes this.