Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fedner Jazz Deluxe, the early years

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've kind of got a hankering to try one of the early Fender Jazz Deluxe's with the Suhr pickups. These are big alnico, 9 volt active pups, right? Were these in both MIM and MIA?, and thru what years?

And, if anyone has one, 4 or 5 string, in vintage white with a tort guard, pm me:)

2. I have a 98 jazz deluxe with the suhr pickups/preamp. White with tort guard, ash body and rosewood board. These are great basses, this is actually the bass that started me towards getting away from BBS (Boutique Bass Syndrome). Unfortunately, it's not getting much playing time since I got a '62 jazz r.i., (alder is more my thing) so I might let it go for the right price.

3. my teacher had a early 90's MIM deluxe active jazz, 4 string black with tort and rosewood.....that what you're talking about? had the big single magnets for each string

4. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I have a '98 Jazz Deluxe V MIA with the Suhr pick-ups. It's alder with a sunburst finish and an antique white pick guard. I love it, and I think you would too.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    alembic: thanks for the email.
    heath: yep, dat's what I'm talking about.
    lowfreq: I hope to find one I can love too!