Fee for a Bullroast?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mwm70, Mar 2, 2006.

1. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    My band has been offered a bullroast/shrimp feast here in Baltimore. I have found the going rate for bar gigs is $300 - $500. Anyone know what a fair bullroast rate is? We are classic to modern rock. The organizer emailed us from a local site and asked our availability and fee. Thanks.
  2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    You should get at least your bar rate, hopefully more. Do you know what kind of group is hosting? Have they got deep pockets? I see nothing wrong with bumping your rate up if they can afford it. On the other hand if it's a charity fundraiser or something like that, you may want to keep your rate down a bit.
  3. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas

4. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Hell... we'd do it for a quarter-hind of that bull...:D
  5. Had to smile :)
    We only have pig roasts over here. You must be in The States where everything is bigger!

We charge depending on how much we want to do the gig, as well as how long they want us to play.
    For example we'd charge much more for weddings because we find they're harder work than say a pub gig or biker rally.

And if it's for a fundraiser, then just enought to cover costs, or free if we're directly involved with the charity.