1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FEEDBACK FOR MY METAL BAND

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ZoneofInhibitio, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ZoneofInhibitio

ZoneofInhibitio

Jan 20, 2009
  2. atheos

atheos

Sep 28, 2008
    Tampere, Finland
    Can't say about the music since I'm not into that kind of metal and laptop speakers aren't really good for judging the mix... The musical balance sound OK though and the stuff is well edited ;)

But the site is broken (such a surprise with MySpace). The content is wider than the black are of the background, at least on Safari 4. Haven't tested with other browsers.

3. that's pretty good, I cant really hear the bass(although it could be my laptop speakers). Maybe a little more singing, screaming is kind of dominating. The screams are good though I can understand them, just maybe a little more balance.

4. badstonebass

badstonebass

Jun 7, 2006
    ohio
    IMO the drums and vocals are mixed too loud....unless you are trying to sound like Icelandic Death Metal.

Guitars are weak and the bass is non-existent

5. Sindri907

Sindri907

Feb 24, 2009
    Virginia
    -1 for my crummy laptop speakers...

Loved it though! I think the vocals are great personally, and your drummer sounds pretty darn good too! The guitars could be louder. But the biggest question is...

Wheres the bass?

Did they mix you out? Maybe you should start free-ballin'....

6. The music is cool. The only thing that I would do is make the vocals a bit quieter and turn up the bass and guitar.

Good work man

7. Props for playing fingers/wearing a CoB tshirt.
    But yeah your pretty much mixed out (like in most of my band's songs)
    And turn vocals down.
    Otherwise i like.

8. edschuck

edschuck

Jun 22, 2008
    The bass is not totally hidden, you can hear it with better speakers, although I wouldn't mind it a little louder...Anyway, it is more audible in the third song. Vocals are a little loud though, but only a bit.

Not my cup of tea, but it sounded tight!

9. Only if you give me feedback for my new band in this thread http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533259

Sounds good, and I agree with the other comments, you are unheard and the vocals are too loud. Sounds like much simpler style to my band originals (we have an obsesion with writing impossible time signatures and riffs, try playing a verse that has a sweep in it!!)

10. I have a sub on my comp speakers, so i can hear the bass. A lot of studios overcompensate with bass response on their monitors so their mixes sound awesome in the studio but are thin on every other stereo. Maybe this is your case, i dunno. But have him bump it up some.

Maybe i'm old school metal but i think some delay on the guitar during the solos would be amazing. Then again, this is new school metal with old school influence so give it a shot.

Overall, sounds pretty good, and judging by 20,000 fans the kids like it too.

Mike

p.s. get rid of the singing parts, big time. It really takes the song and puts a big rainbow and unicorn on it when the guy starts singing over top of screaming. That's when i turned it off, i was actually digging it up to that point. You can sing or you can scream but you can't do both at the same time.

11. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    Good quality but the drums sound really fake.

12. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    you could have the guitarist to stand by his speaker cabs.

13. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    on a non jokeing post, i do agree about the sound of the drums...something off.

14. I get so frustrated w this genre of metal. I love the music but the vocals get on my nerves real quick. That being said I really dug the music. I like metal that gets straight to the point.And this mos def does. Good job. I agree... I wish i could hear more bass to compliment the drumming. But this is definately good.

15. Sounds pretty good UNTIL the singer opens his mouth. I don't understand how anyone over 21 can listen to this style of singing. So Immature. Music is tight though. I guess I'm just old and outta touch.

16. +1000, great until the screamer came in.

17. Implosion

Implosion

Oct 19, 2007
    Finland
    You sound.....umm....european. Not my thing but fits the genre. Weird band name.

Actually, wearing a Bodom shirt is an infraction. A serious infraction.

Ice Hockey vs. figure skating, you make your pick :D

18. It rocks, sounds like a drum machine though.

19. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I like it

I'm a child of thrash. Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Ministry, Fear Factory. All those bands were havey but could groove. A lot of metal today is fast for being fast with no groove. Not you. You can groove and I like it.

20. +1 on the drums not sounding great. I can hear the bass fine on my speakers with a sub, but both the bass and the guitars need a volume boost.

Guitars sound very thin too... might want to EQ them somewhat.

Groweling isn't my kettle of fish, but sounds like it'd be FUN live. Let me know if you happen to every play in London, UK :p

Edit: Listening to some more. You CAN guys groove. Fun listening! :)