Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feedback for One Mile Wish's new song.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by funkslapped, Aug 31, 2003.

1. funkslapped

funkslapped

Apr 25, 2003
    Hello fellow TBers,
    Well this is a song that we rush mixed to meet a deadline for a compilation. I was hoping to get some feedback. The song "my mouth", can be found at www.onemilewish.com. Below you will find the URL that will take you right to the song. Thanks with hopes that you enjoy.
    Dave

http://www.onemilewish.com/media/One_Mile_Wish_-_My_Mouth.mp3

2. funkslapped

funkslapped

Apr 25, 2003
  3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Overall, I liked it a lot! Your singer reminded me a little of Ben Folds! The song's get a great chorus. Your bass seems to be pretty buried in the mix, which is a shame, because what I can make out sounds very good!

Would like to hear some more of your songs. Keep it up!

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Ditto, lower the vocals and raise the bass. Otherwise, very solid.

5. funkslapped

funkslapped

Apr 25, 2003
    Hi David & Blisshead!
    Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to listen. It is greatly appreciated. Do you guys have anything that I can check out? I've been fiending for some new music, especially from TBers. I would appreciate it if you posted a link so that everyone can share in the wealth. Also check out some of j-raj's tunes. I love that guy's work. Hope you don't mind that I posted a link j-raj.
    http://www.jairaj.net/music/andromeda.MP3

Share the art of your soul with the world.

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Hi funkslapped,

Unfortunately, I haven't been in a band for a long time, although I get together with some friends once in a while to run through some modern rock/indie covers for fun (eg. Electric Six, Kings of Leon, The Darkness, etc).

I have "gone back to woodshed" at the moment and trying to rebuild my technique/approach from scratch. Hopefully within the next few months I will have found some like-minded souls to play jazz with. When that happens, I will definitely put up some recordings and let TalkBassers know about it.

Keep up the good work,
    DB

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    funkslapped,

Yoo da man, bro... thanks for the props!

I really appreciate the recognition, so times us bassists don't get enough of it internally with in the groups that we play with, it's refreshing to those words...

I think that the "One Mile Wish" is hip... Love the energy!

Keep cool,

8. funkslapped

funkslapped

Apr 25, 2003
    Hey J-raj,
    Unfortunate but oh so true. I'm proud to give props where they are so well deserved. And brother, you are deserving. If we can't turn to our fellow low end musicians for feedback, who can we turn to? Keep up the great work! Looking forward to more posts at your site. And David, if you're reading this. Let me know when you get something going. Post or PM me. Take it light my brothers.

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I might have some more clips for my site up there with in the next month or so...

I'm on four tunes on Micheal Levine's next album, and I'm performing with him for the CD release part at the Hard Rock Cafe Oct 25th.... Michael has performed with Counting Crows, Live, Wallflowers, Dave Mathews... actually the drummer that he has on that album and the HRC CD release Party-Gig that I'm playing on, is the first touring drummer for Shawn Mullins (N'wide & Europe, Leno, Letterman, Conan and Rosie)... Not bad for a flunky, right?

his site is: www.michaellevine.net

all the best my brother.