Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feedback Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by tplyons, Sep 20, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've suggested this to Paul in private but haven't heard about it in some time. What would you all think about a forum dedicated to feedback from the Buy/Sell/Trade forums?

Click here for example at pbnation.com

This is the source of my idea, very useful in dealing with people, just do a quick search on the forum for someone's username and instantly get feedback from other talkbass.com members. Most of the time it's positive, but there's always the 'Buyer Beware'. Any biters?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Anyone?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, maybe, I guess we bassists are much more respectable than a bunch of paintball gun wielding teenagers...

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I really like this Idea, I've been dealing a lot here, trading is fun, a feedback forum could be a very useful tool when dealing with other members, I wanna be the mod :D

P.S. trading gear rules :bassist:

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My idea, you can be the co-mod :D

6. I think a feedback forum should seriously be considered. (Or at least a feedback sticky in the trading forum.)

It would make trading for gear alot safer.

7. yeah, thats what i was thinking when i read the title. a feedback forum is a good idea, although i would do it like ebay, as a webpage, and not a forum.
    the only problem is that 99% of the talkbass crowd that is selling/buying is trustworthy.

8. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry for sleeping on this suggestion. I think it's a good one - I think the reason I never acted on it before is because I got bogged down with complex forum software 'hacks' that would add a built-in feedback system, so that a users feedback score would be tallied and displayed with their posts. Such hacks get to be a bit complicated, when new forum software becomes available, as the hack needs to be rewritten to work with every update.

But, a simple feedback forum is definately doable. Like the PB Nation example, we could set it up so that there is one thread per user for his/her feedback, and use a uniform thread title scheme so that it's easy to search the forum for a username and have the appropriate feedback thread returned.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I like

10. so i have some feedback to post, am i missing the button on where to start a post?