1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feedback Friday Collaboration Project.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BIG97BEN, Aug 5, 2016.

1. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    So for those that are familiar with the Feedback Friday thread (FEEDBACK FRIDAY ), we've been making fun and weird recordings using excessive effects for a while now and sharing them. The last few weeks, we've been organizing a huge collaboration project, and recruiting from that thread and the Pedal Breeders Big Board thread.

The idea was to randomly break everyone up into teams of two. The teams will each collaborate on a Feedback Friday style song. The structure and style of that song can be anything the teams come up with individually. We will work on those for a few weeks, and send them in to @Teijo K. who will help us put the tracks together.

Once the individual team songs are done, we are going to all contribute to a master song. We are going to get an audio file with a basic song structure and each write parts for that, sight unseen of each other. Once we get all of those tracks together, we will mix and arrange them into one big song.

This should be a fun project, with some awesome experimental music resulting from it. Hopefully we can do another one down the line, so if you missed out on this one, please feel free to start contributing recordings to the Feedback Friday thread, and we can get you in on the next one.

Here is everyone that signed up over the last two weeks:
    @Adamixoye @aetheriac @Alien8 @Azure Skies @BartmanPDX @BIG97BEN @blindrabbit @CHILDISHGAMBINO @Feral Feline @Flabzilla @Fuzzonaut @gregmon79 @Jonny5bass @JonnyAngle @Marial @nshuman @Sgt. Rock @Somnambulance @superbassman2000 @Teijo K. @TheEmptyCell

:bassist:

2. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    Here's a screen shot of how the teams were broken up.
    image.

3. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Think we can sell it on iTunes?

4. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Try Bandcamp.

5. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Ok

6. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    I don't know about "selling" it, but I'm fine with putting it out there for everyone.

This would probably be the best rout. I know I downloaded ILFs drone competition from there, so it can be done.
    Do any of us have a Bandcamp account. I'll look into setting one up specifically for this project.

7. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Yeah, we could create one specifically for the project.

8. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    It's pretty easy. I'd recommend to start a new one, so that it doesn't share a page with someone else's project.

iTunes on the other hand sets an impossibly high bar for submission, unless you are a record label or have a distribution deal with one.

On Bandcamp a limited number of streams are free but downloads cost money. I believe you can set it up as 'pay what you like' though so downloads can be free, you just need to go into the settings to do it.

9. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    Cool deal. I know I've downloaded stuff from them on that "choose your price" option, so I will definitely look into that.

I'm pretty excited everything is set up now. I think I'm going to celebrate by making a Feedback Friday this afternoon.;)

10. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

yay

blindrabbit likes this.
  11. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Same here! I think it's high time I gave this a shot:

12. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    DUDE! That is awesome!
    It sounds vaguely PLLish.

13. Marial

Apr 8, 2011
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Not really a pedal board friendly set up though. :smug:

14. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Can the minitaur do that?

TheEmptyCell and Somnambulance like this.
  15. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    No, FreqBox does. You could send CV to the minitaur tho.

16. Azure Skies

Azure Skies Commercial User

Mar 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Designer / Owner of Broughton Audio
    Cool I don't need to buy a dingwall anymore, I'll just borrow one from my partner.

17. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    That's the way this works? shooooooot! I guess I'll have to make due with the awesome boards of fuzz my partners have.

18. [​IMG]
    Purrrrr!!!

I'm so happy with my new partner in Grime!

19. Marial

Apr 8, 2011
    GRIME!

TheEmptyCell likes this.
  20. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

I'll take one of each of what you're building as collateral. Plz? :D

CHILDISHGAMBINO and BIG97BEN like this.