1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Every Friday, or whatever, record and post you playing/looping a quick little jam through all of your pedals or some of them. Make it as nice or messy as you like, just be sure to have FEEDBACK!!

oZZma, jasonmitsch, DrewM85 and 4 others like this.
  2. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    People should also post their previous Feedback Fridays. Let's try to keep discussion to a minimum, we can do that in the breeder thread. Let's make these easy to find!

3. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    My very primitive ones, including the first one I think, it was started as a question as to what it would sound to turn on all the pedals on my board:

Feedback Friday #1

Feedback Friday #2
    (I think the theme here was multiple phasers)

4. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'm in of course. I'll get a new going this Friday. Great thread som!

Somnambulance likes this.
  6. zapped777

zapped777

Jul 6, 2011
    Sou
    Sounds like nurse with wound... Oh yeah!

7. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals

And here was my first take

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  8. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    I'm definitely about to get in on this. Just got a Catalinbread Antichthon and a Mountainking Heavy Machine in the mail

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Here was my first "official" FBF.

And then my first attempt at it before we were calling it FBF

Cant wait for tomorrow! I have half a day at work so I will be home by noon. Gonna lay a loop down and GO!! I wish my OC2 would be present for it. But alas, she is getting etched and rehoused ;)

#acidsplashdesigns

aetheriac, HolmeBass, JackG and 5 others like this.
  11. So I already have my Feedback Friday for this week ready. Once soundcloud finishes "processing" the track I will post it. I just need to write down my thoughts on some of what I did before I forget.

Chain:
    Zoom B3>MXR BOD>SA OFD>SA Manta>Eventide H9>SA Dimension>Strymon Mobius>Line6 M9

This track doesn't feature any bass, I created a weird synth loop by using the drum machine in the B3 and running the Right out into the input, then the Left out into the rest of my pedals. The result creates a B3>B3>other pedals.

B3 I used Trigger Hold Delay>Pitch Delay>Mono Synth
    OFD used gated fuzz and I messed with the blend
    Manta used a super slow phaser
    H9 used the Stutter preset from the Ultra Tap
    Dimension used E-dome
    Mobius used a few presets: quadrature, Lofi, etc.
    M9 used pattern trem, ducking delay, etc, I dont really remember.

All of this really makes me wish for a real drum machine, that the B3 was midi compatible, and that I had started doing this sooner. I feel like Trent Reznor.

12. Doing this has seriously changed my entire plan for my pedal board over the next year. I might need a beat buddy...

Syxz_ML, Adamixoye, BIG97BEN and 6 others like this.
  13. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I guess I will post mine a day early too. :)

Thats a hard one to follow though!

14. Dang gents, that's some FREAKY AZZ SHIZ! I love it all. Very ambient but not necessarily mellow, which I like. So I had to give it a whirl. Most of the real feedback is towards the end, and I can't seem to get as ambient as you guys, but here it is.

15. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Awesome .. and the graphic representation of the track looks like a crocodile in the water. :)

Somnambulance and jasonmitsch like this.
  16. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Subbed; going to try to get one of these in at some point (not to toot my own horn, but there have been requests!).

nshuman likes this.
  17. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    hahaha well, I tink at 10 min you wont get that complain again. Niceness

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'll have a new entry up soon guys :D

19. nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Feedback Friday #3. So, I decided to use the Semi Hollow because, well, come on, feedback???? I am mostly using Fuzz pedals, the H9, some of the Dimension Reverb. The Meatsmoke throughout (with some boost to make it a bit crackly/lo-fi at the start). I also tried to use the CT5 as much as possible. Anyway, again, this is mostly me just playing a few notes and trying to make the board do the music as opposed to me trying to play a song. And, honestly, I am not using many pedals, a lot of feedback and weirdness is provided by me utilizing the TV Jones pickups in different configs and tapping the strings behind the floating bridge and the tailpiece itself. Anyway, it's just for fun right?