1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    4/20 drone. Microbrute again. This time through a Line 6 verbzilla, vintage Laffyette solid state spring reverb tank, mxr phase 90, dwarfcraft memento and great destroyer, ss/bs f*ck, an ibanez es2, and finally a boss bf2

2. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Very nice.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Seriously I swear it wasn't! I am not nearly that clever.

I enjoyed that. Was finally able to listen with headphones just now.

It's funny how those of us with Afterneaths at some point all end up making pretty much the same sound. Just for little seconds here and there and in totally different contexts, themes etc. But we all reach the same place. It's pretty cool.

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Awesome.

This is becoming my favorite thread on TalkBass (after the Breeder thread of course)....

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'll admit the afteneath is a pedal you have to learn. It's one of the more complex pedals I've ever used. You have to be careful cause it can muddy things up pretty quickly. I have to pick and choose where I use it. It's ideal for FEEDBACK FRIDAY though. Without a doubt.

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Its remarkable how quickly it can turn things either REALLY cool, or REALLY messy. I have found that for the mix, I need to set it MUCH more subtly than I would want for something like Feedback Fridays. I also find that it needs really rather simple phrases.

7. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    You know what I found is really controllable especially in the mix? I set all the knobs fully CCW then the mix around 2 oclock. It sounds awesome that way! Try it out man.

8. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    SO all knobs basically off?

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Pretty much. You just turn it up with the mix. You can mess with the length, drag and reflect though. Just don't go too high with them. This way it doesn't get muddy at all really. It's just a really fast slap back almost.

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Interesting....

11. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I pretty much play one note riffs with the Afterneath and follow the journey wherever it leads me. I did find a more subtle effect like Greg said. It just adds the few quick repeats and makes very a very cool ping pong delay like setting. Or even if you play kinda quickly you can get that snap pick technique that guitarists usually get to have all the fun with. :)

12. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    Wow. This is great!!!! Classy idea to start with and really interesting sound clips. Love it.
    To contrast the awesomeness, here's a little trashy bit, that might still fit the bill, because FEEDBACK!

13. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    FEEDBACK! :)

14. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I love how it feels like its BARELY freaking holding on....and just wants to turn into utter madness.

Another TOTALLY different track. Best thread ever.

nshuman, Fuzzonaut and Mastabass666 like this.
  15. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    Nice. Thanks. That's more or less what I was trying to do: surfing on the edge of feedback with the addition that the (intentional) sweeps into feedback territory should be done so that the feedback is heard as some sort of melody. Kinda.
    The "melodic part" is quite tricky though, I didn't really get it.

16. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    I really liked this, like legitimately enjoyed listening to it!

zapped777 likes this.
  17. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014

Trash.

18. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA

About time I contributed something to this sweet thread! Nice and simple

19. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    NICE!

20. DrewM85

DrewM85

Jan 2, 2012
    DE
    I need to get a proper microphone so I can finally contribute to this awesome thread.

sillyfabe and nshuman like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021