1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    I use my iPhone

2. DrewM85

DrewM85

Jan 2, 2012
    DE
    Hmm I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

3. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    I do simple DI myself

4. DrewM85

DrewM85

Jan 2, 2012
    DE
    I usually just use DI for my recording. However I want to try and capture some actual feedback from my cab.

nshuman likes this.
  5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hell yeah. Sounds awesome man. I wish you could've included that freeze in der! ;)

sillyfabe likes this.
  6. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    That is pretty cool. It reminds me of something and I can't put my finger on it. Like walking into a bosses cave in a video game or something. Super cool.

sillyfabe likes this.
  7. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I will next week for sure! That and MOAR FUZZ!!!!!

That's EXACTLY the vibe I was going for! (Just played Super Mario World on my SNES then came on here, saw the the ad and after listening made that video!)

Glad everyone likes it thus far; an EBOW, a good fuzz and reverb work wonders for shoegaze/ambient/feedback

Mastabass666, gregmon79 and BIG97BEN like this.
  8. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I started working with my eBow more often now. Man that thing is huge fun!!

sillyfabe likes this.
  9. aetheriac

aetheriac Supporting Member Commercial User

May 15, 2011
    Minnenapolis
    First foray into Feedback Friday...

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    So I ended up trying this last night during our sound check to see what I thought in mix. It is a cool slap back sound but you lose so much of the craziness that makes the pedal special. The search continues...

11. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I hear ya. For me it tames it so it doesn't get crazy in the mix. But otoh, I haven't experimented that much with it in the mix. It's def not a pedal you can just play with for a few min and get. It takes time to "get it". I dig that though.

12. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I know what you mean. It's a very small middle ground btwn finding something that works and something where it doesnt lose its character. Don't get me wrong - I liked the slapback sound but I found it to reduce the Afterneath to a place where most other delay pedals can get to.

gregmon79 likes this.
  13. Here is an old one. And a long one. The real fuzz starts around 10:08, if you want to fast forward, and the feedback starts around 11:45 - 12:00 or so. I really loved how the gate on the Hawk was decaying to a fourth down on the feedback.

aetheriac and nshuman like this.
  14. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Now I really want to sell my Godlyke bass and get a Squier bass VI

sillyfabe and nshuman like this.
  15. aetheriac

aetheriac Supporting Member Commercial User

May 15, 2011
    Minnenapolis
    The blender should be arriving today!!! WOOHOO!!! Only 3 other pedals in differing stages of manufacture inbound or to be inbound soon. (dammit wrong thread)

BIG97BEN and nshuman like this.
  16. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    Thanks dude! Shameless self promotion, but I have a bandcamp with that and another track that'll soon be a full ep at itemsinspace.bandcamp.com

17. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Keep working with it! It has a fun learning curve but worth it for the amount of sound control and manipulation avaliable

Worth every penny (I slapped some LaBella black nylon tape wounds along with a good setup and now it sounds/plays great!) I also have a Fender Bass VI Pawn Shop and that one plays very nice as well (that one has LaBella white flat wounds). I'll use my Fender VI on this weeks FF (as well as a EHX Freeze and MOAR FUZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!)

Somnambulance and gregmon79 like this.
  18. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    FYI, now that Fender has ended the whole Fender Japan thing, try and get a Made In Japan on ebay before they go for crazy prices. AMAZERFUL!

sillyfabe likes this.
  19. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Thats cool. I guess. You mean the Squiers??

20. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Didn't know that! My Geddy Lee is from Japan; have been looking at getting a good fretless.....to the Internet!

nshuman likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021