1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    No, the actual Fender Japan ones. I know I'll get a lot of weird stares, but Fender Japan is just as good as MIA Fenders in my book, totally underrated.

alecduncan and sillyfabe like this.
  2. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    It sucks because the JB62SS have already gone up in price. I'm not in a position to buy one right now, with the latest splurge on pedals, it's like the bass I really want to buy now. My guess is that it will never be made again.

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Dude, IMO, some of the Squiers are better than the MIAs! haha The ones I have at home are all Squiers. Yes, Ive modded them, yes Im used to them. But I was at GC yesterday and I picked up a number of MIA Fenders and I didnt like any of them at all. I liked the Squier VM Jag I played more the the MIA P. I was really surprised. Yes, they were hanging on a wall in a GC, not the best setups and not the best intonations probably. But overall, I was not shocked at the fact that my $300 or so modded Squier at home seriously kicked the crap out of the MIA P I played at the store. And I mean, there was no contest.

4. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Dude the setups on those Fenders at GC is awful. First off they put poopy DDarios on everything. The P pickup always look like two bike ramps going in opposite directions. I played a MIA Fender P at CME and about crapped myself. Really great bass and I would love to have one, but I still prefer my EB. Every time I pick it up it just feels right.

gregmon79 likes this.
  5. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Yeah I suppose that's true. Haha it's funny because it's true, I saw two P's there with that pup setup. I played a few at CME though too and they were somewhat the same. But, I did play a few that were orgasms in my hands. There was this one vintage jazz I picked up and whoa baby, it played and sounded like a friggen dream.

bassmusic17 likes this.
  6. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    UGH!!! It sucks because I really don't want to worry about shipping it and no shop is going to give me anything for a prototype bass :(

A bass VI will have to wait.

7. Throwback Thursday Submission: Forgot I had made this over a year ago. Just rediscovered it and REALLY like it. Makes me miss my Timeline already. Ugh. The majority of the sound was the H9 Quadravox and playing up high on my 6 string. The ambience came from the Timeline and Dimension. Time to try and recreate the creation.

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    That's quite beautiful, soothing. :)

aetheriac, nshuman and jasonmitsch like this.
  9. Thank you! It is less soothing and more frustrating trying to make it happen again a year later with only a quick glance at what was happening on my board.

10. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Couldn't wait.

11. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    EDIT: Now with a video where the sync is fixed

Ah, what the ... I'll post here too. Maybe I'll make another one once it's actually Friday. :)

It's rough, and something is wrong with the video and audio sync (weird since it's a video straight from the iPhone) which I'll have to try and sort out for next time.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    BIG97BEN, aetheriac, gsquare and 6 others like this.
  12. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    Berry, berry nice fellas. Space anger.

XXL, FretNoMore and Somnambulance like this.
  13. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Dude chords into the CT5 is awesome.

CHILDISHGAMBINO and nshuman like this.
  14. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Now you are being just silly. I do however agree with Shu that MIJ has been at the level of MIA for a long time.

I hate these discussions. Plus weren't we going to keep discussion here at a minimum.

sillyfabe and nshuman like this.
  15. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Just discuss the space anger that @FretNoMore ans I posted.

CHILDISHGAMBINO and nshuman like this.
  16. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    I think the PitchFork is awesome and a little bit under the radar around here. Nice job man! Im inspired to try a vid like this as well.

sillyfabe and FretNoMore like this.
  17. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA

My offering for today; @gregmon79 threw some EHX Freeze and EBOW in there for you ;)

Also the Iron Ether SubT is hands down best analog octaver (only one I've met that can handle the EBOW and only octave jumps when I want it too)

18. Mastabass666

Mastabass666

Sep 11, 2012
    Sunland, CA
    Just the Moogs...

19. Mastabass666

Mastabass666

Sep 11, 2012
    Sunland, CA
    Fail. I try to upload a file and it won't.

20. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hehe I feel famous :D

Thanks man!! Sounded wicked

sillyfabe likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021