1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Up until now, my exposure to Subotnick has been limited to a single piece, on a DVD I own called "Ohm: Early Gurus of Electronic Music". But right now I'm streaming "Electronic Works 3" on Spotify. And jeez, I think I might owe ol' Morty some royalties. :roflmao:

cosmicevan likes this.
  2. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hes the OG bleep blooper

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  3. Bassist4Eris

4. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Subd.

Late to the party.....

:bag:

I could share something from my soundcloud.....

Any specific "rules" I should be aware of...???

Like:

- sounds must come or originate from a bass
    .....???

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  5. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not my thread, not my rules...but as one of the few who still posts in this, I've been operating under the general guideline of posting it on Friday (but no one is gonna cry if you post it on another day). Beyond that...I just post whatever comes out. Sometimes it is just noise, other times it is noise that I consider music. I usually just hit record and see what happens...at times I've layered a few tracks in garageband, but usually just a one take charlie w some loopers and other noisemakers. For me, I try to keep it short, but plenty of people have posted massive chunks of audio. I expect to drop something in here before bed tonight...

ugly_bassplayer likes this.
  6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  7. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Wow, one of the few who actually understands garage band.

;)

cosmicevan likes this.
  8. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Also posted in the ambient\textural thread.

Cringe\enjoy.

fretter, cosmicevan and Bassist4Eris like this.
  9. Bassist4Eris

I decided that this was way too long, and it didn't come to any kind of a crescendo. I've shortened it to about 3 minutes, built a climax into it, and worked a little ear candy into the stereo imaging too, especially towards the second half.

Dropbox - Death By A Thousand Cats (edit).wav - Simplify your life

10. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Hearing this gives me the urge to find a neighborhood cat and launch it with my foot. Does that make me a bad person?

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it does, then it makes you my favorite bad person. I loathe cats...kittens, not so much, except they grow up to be cats.

12. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I have met two cats in my life that I really connected with. They both had some strange, undiagnosed mental illness, that caused them to behave just like dogs. They were awesome.
    One was actually named, “Puppy”.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    fretter likes this.
  13. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I shouldnt say I hate all cats because I strive to be open but in general when meeting a cat, they have to win me over by being amazing. I get it though people love their cats...people love lots of things I dont understand so before actual death of a thousand cats comes true (and I have had dreams), I have nothing against cats or cat lovers...they just arent my bag so I have been keeping my social distance from cats before it was a thing to do.

14. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bass > Signal Cypher > iRig > iPad > Garage Band > SoundCloud > Your Ears

fretter, Bassist4Eris and JimboP like this.
  15. Bassist4Eris

cosmicevan and FretNoMore like this.
  16. Bassist4Eris

How do you know when the isolation is starting to get to you? Well, experts say that one indicator is when you go to make yourself a bowl of popcorn, and you start eyeing the air popper with thoughts like "hey, maybe I should mic that up and run it through some effects". The real coup here, though, was slowing it down to about a third of the speed. It turns out that popcorn can talk to you in a creepy whisper that will rob you of sleep for weeks. :help:

Dropbox - Extraterrestrial Transmission.mp3 - Simplify your life

JimboP, Fuzzonaut, cosmicevan and 2 others like this.
  17. aetheriac

aetheriac Supporting Member Commercial User

May 15, 2011
    Minnenapolis
    That's pretty cool

Bassist4Eris and cosmicevan like this.
  18. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012

fretter, cosmicevan and Bassist4Eris like this.
  19. Bassist4Eris

Beautiful!

Bob_Ross likes this.
  20. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nice ones this week

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021