1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Particle? Tensor?

steubig likes this.
  2. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Nope, just the Chase Bliss MOOD.

Since the lockdown I've been forced to go with a seriously pared down rig. I was able to rescue the MOOD and the Count To 5 from my recording studio...but then I realized I only have one power supply at home, so I can only use one of those at a time!

I do have a volume pedal, a ProCo Rat, and a Tech21 GT-2 around here that can run on 9V batteries, so at some point I may add those to the chain. But for these last ~6 weeks everything I've done has just been one pedal at a time.

cosmicevan likes this.
  3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not order a one spot plug w chain adapter for like $20 just to get by?

steubig and Bob_Ross like this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I think ultimately that’s what I’ll do. Part of me has been embracing the opportunity to dig into one pedal at a time, to really learn their capabilities without the distraction of how they interact with others

...and admittedly part of me has been hoping that if I just hold out a little longer the lockdown will be lifted and I can go back to using my full pedalboard(s).

Yeah, fat chance...

cosmicevan likes this.
  5. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Ya...my noise station pedal board is stuck at my singers place.
    Sux....my red panda particle is there....

cosmicevan likes this.
  6. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    i’ve started to move to the godlyke stuff because they put out more ma (maybe 2000 vs. 1700; something like that), which is important for some of my pedlal configurations.

also i’ve had at least one one-spot fail.

and, yeah, order one. you can never have too many power supplies.

ugly_bassplayer likes this.
  7. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    My main board has a t-rex fuel tank.
    All my studio stuff and secondary boards I use a donner daisy chain. (To easily plug in stuff and swap fx or synths fast....)
    Never had a problem...no noise...and cheap.

steubig likes this.
  8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like that's worth the trip w some gloves and a mask (sanitize them hands after putting the board in quarantine for a few days too!). Sanity, mental health, normalcy, release...whatever you want to call it is important too. I for one, require the release creating music provides, especially in times like these.

Bassist4Eris and ugly_bassplayer like this.
  9. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec

Enjoy, cringe.

10. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Love it. Merzbow would be proud.

11. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    That made me smile. Go check out others on my soundcloud if you are interested

Thank you my friend.

:)

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bassist4Eris and ugly_bassplayer like this.
  13. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jbybj, steubig and Bassist4Eris like this.
  14. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    haven’t posted on this thread for a bit.

12-string basses. with feedback. played and overdubbed live. effects live. multitracked.

jbybj and cosmicevan like this.
  15. Bassist4Eris

Well, "something" is about to happen. As for exactly what, I guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. :cool:

I will point out a couple of things in this photo. Notice that the signal chain begins with a humble EHX Random Tone Generator. Notice the sheer number of delay pedals. Notice the sheer number of stereo pedals, with both outputs utilized.

It might get weird. :smug:

20200513_184511 resized.jpg

Bob_Ross, cosmicevan and RickenCliff like this.
  16. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stereo effects? Niiiiiiice....looking forward to hearing some pings

17. Bassist4Eris

TL; dr: Just give us the darn audio already! Dropbox - Godzilla RTG.mp3 - Simplify your life

OK then. I had two choices for recording the above monstrosity. One was a simple, two-channel interface. Boring! I really wanted to take as much advantage as possible of all of the stereo outputs. My other option was an old Fostex VF-16 tabletop digital recorder from the early aughts. At one point it had eight simultaneous inputs; however, two are currently malfunctioning. Still, that left six channels, all spread out across the stereo image.

There was a finite amount of storage space left on the Fostex, and I ran it until it stopped. You can hear it cut out at the end. Over two hours (!) of bizarre knob twiddling fun, presented pretty much as it happened, except I added a dash of compression during mixdown.

Don't get me wrong: I don't expect anyone to listen to the whole thing. But if you move the seek bar around and check out a few different sections, you can hear what a wide variety of sounds were created, from tranquil ambient music to walls of terrifying noise.

I won't even try to describe the signal chain, but here are the pedals used:

EHX Random Tone Generator
    Boss DD-8 Digital Delay
    Rainger FX Drone Rainger
    Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth
    Ibanez Echo Shifter
    EHX Glove OD
    MXR Stereo Chorus
    EHX Nano POG
    Ibanez JD9 Jet Driver
    Boss Space Echo
    Boss PW-10 V-Wah
    Saturnworks Order Swapper
    Boss PH-3 Phaser
    Boss ME-50B Multi
    Boss TE-2 Tera Echo

Sadly, the Electro-Faustus Drone Thing was not included; it's just table clutter. Maybe next time. Also, no samples from the turntable, Gary Numan or otherwise.

cosmicevan likes this.
  18. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Hip hop instrumental beat I made I while back. Zero quantize. All drum played live on pads.
    Cheers

19. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are your thoughts on the drone thing? Been wanting one for a while. Recently got mattoverse double gate drone that I LOVE!

Ill check out your piece a bit later when I have more than a few minutes...but yeah I aint listening to 2 hrs.

I really dig this. The beat sounds real solid for playing on pads.

ugly_bassplayer likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021