1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

FEEDBACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  2. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

It's a good bit of fun, but fairly limited on its own. It's really cool to run through a Korg Electribe. Then it's not heard until you hit (or program) the pad on the Electribe. Let's you get rhythmic with it. But it's basically just a series of oscillators you can tune to different pitches and switch on and off independently.

3. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  4. Bassist4Eris

It's almost soothing, in a noisy way.

cosmicevan likes this.
  5. Bassist4Eris

OK, after the massive data dump I took all over this thread last week, I decided to limit myself to one single minute this time. It's probably not reasonable to expect me to play by all the rules, though. ;)

What I did this week was I took Brownian noise, and began filtering random frequencies out of it until I was left with this oddly pretty "accidental ambient" piece. Of course, there are two problems with this: no bass, and no effects! What the hell?! So I figured maybe that's where you come in. Yes, you! I'd like to invite my fellow TBers to download this file, overdub your own part, and re-post. I've included links to both an mp3 version and a wav version.

Dropbox - Brownian Drone.mp3 - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - Brownian Drone.wav - Simplify your life

cosmicevan likes this.
  6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...from the bleep bloop board...

7. Bassist4Eris

I've thought about doing a bleep bloop board (love that term!). A couple of sound generators, a small mixer, and whatever pedals are too weird for my gig board... sounds like fun to me. But I also keep watching YouTube videos about Eurorack modular synthesis. That seems like next level bleep bloop to me. But expensive bleep bloop to be sure.

cosmicevan likes this.
  8. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Those huge bleep bloop boards are awesome .

I wouldn't be able to use one of those without 10 or more line to instrument level adapters.

9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My version is kinda like modular but w pedals...but not really. I don’t run a bass through it, but rather drone boxes and noise makers. A guy I jam with has a modular rig. He has a tabletop setup w all sorts of toys but in the past yr he has really gotten into modular. I spend more than enough money on pedals...I can’t consider modular, though I have been looking to get a synth.

10. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    What if you only get to play a single note and it has to trigger all your boards and then all you can do is play with the knobs?

11. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Full disclosure: I did this with a guitar, not a bass. But I used the stompboxes from my bass rig, so that's okay, right?

cosmicevan, steubig and Bassist4Eris like this.
  12. Bassist4Eris

Heck, I usually don't even use an instrument. I've used everything from an EHX Random Tone Generator to a popcorn popper. I can't remember the last time I used an actual bass. :roflmao:

cosmicevan and Bob_Ross like this.
  13. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Field recording sampling is AWESOME.
    My portable 4 track is one of my favorite tools.

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  14. Bob_Ross

Dec 29, 2012
    Oh yeah! A while back I was riding my bicycle in suburban New Jersey and heard a sound that I just had to capture. Whipped out my iPhone voice memo app and grabbed this puddle full of mating Spring Peepers, right by the highway:

Should make awesome seed material for someone's noise project

cosmicevan, steubig and aetheriac like this.
  15. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Wow. That is an incredible take.
    I literally got shivers by the purity of it.
    You can feel the air and the freshness......wow.

I can completely destroy it for my noise project. With your approval....?

:)

Bob_Ross and Bassist4Eris like this.
  16. Bob_Ross

Dec 29, 2012
    By all means, please do! You have my blessings.
    Thanks.

ugly_bassplayer likes this.
  17. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Ill try my best. I already got some ideas spinning for it.

Into the SP it will go.

Thank you!!

Bob_Ross likes this.
  18. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    What are you guys spinning lately??

I've been coming back to Dilla alot. Its like fine wine. It gets better with every spin.

Also lots of McCoy Tyner and Paul Chambers solo albums.

Public enemy for some reason keeps popping up my playlist also.....
    ;)

19. Bassist4Eris

I've been rediscovering The Residents, including some of their newer stuff I hadn't heard before. "I Am A Resident" is genius.

At the other end of the spectrum (I guess) I've recently gotten into the classical composer Erik Satie.

cosmicevan and ugly_bassplayer like this.
  20. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Man that dude Satie was a complete nutcase......
    Dope as @#%^ music though

Residents, I remember the first time hearing the album duck stab. Entirely made with stuff from toy r us.

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021