Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feedback Killers?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Aug 27, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
  2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Behringer builds that feature into some of their other products, like their digital eq and the Shark dsp. My singer has the eq and the feedback destroyer really works. We have no feedback probelms ever, even w/ inexperienced soundguys. I would not buy a dedicated destroyer just because you can get more for you money w/ the other products. Also, more reputable companies than Behringer make this sort of device. PV's is called a Feedback Ferret, and dbx builds one into their new eqs. There are probably others.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm, in that case I may have to look into this. Thanks!

4. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
  5. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    feedback destoyers these days are better than when they first arrived years ago...
    but they still aren't quite fast enough in their spectrum analysis and adjustment of resonant frequency in real-time situations
    in-ear monitoring is a better solution, IMHO
    new digital technology is great
    but there is no substitute for a decent sound engineer(yet) or being realistic about what certain rigs can and can't do.

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The PA we use has one of the Behringer feedback destroyers in it and we still get feedback. I don't know if it's because the Behringer just isn't good or if it's because the sound dude doesn't know how to use it, but either way it's not doing its job.

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Ask him if he's running it on both the monitors and the mains. We just use the auto setting and it works great.