Feedback loop pedal...maybe a few sound clips too...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jan 30, 2005.

1. well crew,

i finished my feedback loop pedal last week, and i finally got around to putting some samples up.

what is a feedback loop pedal you ask?
    well, in terms i can understand, you have a pedal with 4 jacks. in for the bass, and out to the amp. You also have send & recieve jacks, like an effect loop on your amp. you put an effect pedal or however you want in the loop and basically the signal goes through the loop, through the pedal(s) and then the signal goes back through the loop, and so on and so on, and then out to the amp. Its like using ten of the same pedal with all the same settings. it basically turns anything musical into noise, but its a fun little project to put together.
    check out the sound clips...what you are about to hear are clips of me putting various pedals i've got into the loop. i put a distortion, phaser, and delay into the loop. to get the various sounds, i am turning the knobs on whatever pedal is in the loop.
    caution: this is going to be a touch noisy, so don't turn up the volume to high! imagine R2D2 meets that sound that you here when a tv channel goes off the air!

Feedback loop with Boss ODB-3

feedback loop with DOD DFX9 digital delay

Feedback loop with DOD FX20B Phaser

i wanted to put one up of my sabine overdrive and fuzztortion pedals, but they sound very similar to the ODB-3...btw, the odb-3 was my favorite...