1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

feedback on band website in progress

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Relic, May 31, 2007.

1. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Hi all,
    I've been working on a new band website, the old one was boring and stale.
    I've been hammering away at this thing for the past couple of days and would appreciate some feedback if anyone has a few quick mins to take a look?
    I'll be more than happy to do the same for anyone here if requested.

Note - it's not done yet though, there will be many more pics and such, more music, etc etc, I'm just looking for feedback on the aesthetics and navigatibility (is that even a damn word???)
    Stuff like:
    is it easy to navigate,
    does it look somewhat professional,
    what features would you recommend
    what dont you like about it
    what do you like about it

go here:
    www.dipsomaniacs.net

thanks for taking a min to help me out my bassy brothers!! :)

2. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    I'd say, yes its very easy to navigate, it does look some what professional. it is pleasing to the eye, I'm not keen on the very basic pattern but that's just my opinion.

If I was to give you any advice it would be to use your time and effort to make a really good myspace page. I know a lot of people think its just for kids but its not. It's a really good resource for bands and you can make a good looknig, easy to use page that is FREE and you can put sound samples, online shop, videos and its REALLY REALLY easy. As well as all this i read in a music magazine that most labels pick up almost half of their new signings off myspace. Now-a-days, to stand a good chance of gettin signed go on myspace. I've also found it a excellent way to network with other bands, organise out of town gigs and tours. Oh, and did I mention its free?

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    thanks man!
    yeah +1 on myspace. We've made more connections through myspace than anywhere else. It's crazy

4. Overall, I like it, but I do have a few minor suggestions:

On your music page, have a list of the albums at the top, and when someone clicks on "undertow" have it automatically scroll down to the bottom, where the songs from that album are, otherwise the page just seems a bit big.

On your band info page, if possible, make the pictures of the members links to pages with a short little bio. It seems silly, but people seem to like it.

On your photos page, you need a few more, but I think you knew that.

They are all pretty minor things, but I think it will help a bit. Overall, nice work.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021