1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Feedback on contest entry (for free Spector Legend!)

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by oniman7, Feb 13, 2013.

1. So as you can tell I'm a little excited about this contest I'm in. It's sponsored by the band Hinder and by Spector Basses. Basically the contest is to post a bass cover of a song off of Hinder's new album "Welcome to the Freakshow". I actually did three songs. The winner gets a brand new Spector Legend Classic 5 in Natural Finish. I already have an Ibanez BTB445 and Ernie Ball Stingray 5H in natural finish, and that spector is a sweet bass.

Anyways, I will admit this is partially about fishing for some views to help put me in the lead for the contest. However, for the top song (Talk to Me) since there was no transcription available, I took the chord chart and wrote the whole bassline that I recorded. I also added some tap harmonics and stuff just for fun. So if you have any feedback (especially about that song, which I think is the best of the recordings), please let me know! I'm proud that I wrote a bassline that I think sounds really good with the music.