1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feedback on these effects...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pöl, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    Hi, I'm looking into some effects, and I was wondering what you guys could tell me about these ones:

boss bass synth

ibanez tonelok bass synth

==> wich one would you prefer? why? pro's and con's?

boss aw-3 autowah

If you have experience with these products that you would like to share, it would be a great help for me...

Thanks,

Pöl

2. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I use the AW-3. I like it alot, you can adjust the vowel, also I use the external expresion pedal with it sometimes for more control
    over the Wah.
    [​IMG]

3. I don't have any experiance with the ibanez, but the boss is pretty cool. I don't know how in depth you are getting with a synth, but I will say you have to play with the synth for a while to really get a feel for what each dial does, and i have gotten some really weird sounds with it, I will say the AW-3 is awesome, there really isn't anything that pedal can't do (except maybe make me a sandwich) but I would actually take the dynamic wah over all three, but thats just my style of music i think.
    Charlie

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    The boss syb3 is much too expensive for what it does -- it does have several interesting tones, a few have tracking issues. The Ibanez synth is a very good value for what it does -- fewer tones but better tracking. They do not sound the same. The Ibanez is much easier to control; the boss is much wackier.