1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Feedback Request

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by henry2513, Jun 29, 2012.

1. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

May 9, 2011
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I'd love some feedback on this solo over Footprints I recorded using the GR-55. Thanks!

I know there are a few glitches, the GR-55 is extremely sensitive and will pick up any tiny bit of sloppiness in your technique.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Glen Cove, NY
    I like how you're slowing it down and taking your time with building things up. Nice improvements over your last recording, man. However, I think you still need to work on playing fast notes in rhythm.

2:11 - 2:15

That part stuck out to my ear. You had a good fast line with forward motion, and it was played with authority. But then it devolves. You lose your inspiration and confidence, so the phrasing takes a nose dive. You need to learn how to come out of that kind of thing on your feet. The notes right after that fast sequence are okay, but they're played out of time.

3. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

May 9, 2011
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Thanks for taking the time to listen, I appreciate all the feedback you've given me. It's all been very very helpful.

Part of the reason why I like using the GR-55 is that is forces me to slow down and really think about what I'm playing since it's not very forgiving at all, it picks up EVERYTHING lol. I think that in itself helps.