1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Feedback trouble

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bdparmet, Mar 23, 2006.

1. bdparmet

bdparmet

Feb 11, 2006
    Hey all, I'm new at amplyfying my acoustic. Its an Englehart M1 and I'm using bridge mounted piezo pick-ups (got them from Lemur - they fasten with double-stick adhesive, one under each string). I'm pre-amping with an LR Baggs Para Acoustic D. I. I've got an old Polytone Custom Bass Amp and I believe its pushing a 15" speaker. I've also got an Ampeg SVT 300 which I run into an Ampeg cabinet with 4 10's, and I have a hundred watt Yamaha with a single 15. None of these three amps seems any better than the other, which leads me to believe that the bass itself is the culprit.

The problem I'm having is feedback. I've dampened my strings behind the bridge - that helped a bunch - but I still can't get the volume up to where I can hear myself well enough on stage (three-piece jazz combo plus female vocal - pretty tame stuff).

Any suggestions for battling the evil feedback would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks,

Brian