Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feel Free to mock my ignorance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by basegetar, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Besides basstabarchive.com/talkbass.com, what are some good tab sites... uhhmmm....

fIeLdYrUlZ...

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    MXTabs.com, i think. i know the name of the website is mxtabs.

3. we all know that the only legit tabs there are the ones i made;)

4. ive been to taborama b4...there OK. They have a good version of tommy the cat though (atleast what some1 said to me)

Yes we all know that :D

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    I don't know. Royal Crown soda company used to make a pretty good Tab to.

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    tabs are bad, m'kay?

BLINKY TABEVIL

7. tabcrawler.com
    guitar.com
    bass-1-2-3.com (though that may have been hust down)

Rock on
    Eric

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No pacman, tabs are good. very very good.

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    yep, they are. Keep using them, and don't learn to read.

One more guy who's not going to be competing with me for a gig :rolleyes:

10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    mxtabs.net,hey pacman,tabs r good.at least for begginers.im in the stage where i use them very little and im learning to read music.although my guitar friend is sucked into them.i tell him to try to play his own or have his dad teach him to read music,but he aint havin any.

11. Hehehehe....

Tabs are good if your just learning. And some songs the bass is very VERY low, and there is no music for it. Which normally means the tab would be wrong, but once in a while you have the gems and sometimes........

Okay...maybe not at all.

Your right, my bass career has just ended. I'm going to go cry, and than throw away my bass.

*Drowns in tears*

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Welcome to the weekly let's-bash-tabs-and-make-the-people-that-use-them-feel-like-they-don't-deserve-to-even-have-an-instrument thread. :rolleyes: Instead of making sarcastic comments and trying to belittle someone that is more than likely just starting out, how 'bout answering basegetar's question? Better yet, if you're not going to help him find any tab sites -- don't even bother posting in his thread!

Try www.mxtabs.net or www.basstabz.com. Also, if you are looking for tabs for one particular band, try doing a search using your browser or www.webcrawler.com ("megadeth tablature" or "megadeth bass tablature").

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well you said it .........:D

OK - You are so ignorant that you don't even know how to spell Fieldy Rules properly!

Your ignorance is of such magnitude that I am incapable of expressing it sufficiently - in other words; you suck! ;)

Hmmm....my mocking skills are a bit rusty - maybe I should ask the "Mock Turtle Regulator"? ;)

14. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    that was harsh bruce

15. Bruce Lindfield

Actually it was a long way off being as harsh as it should have been - considering we were being offered a "freebie"!! :D

As I said my mockery is getting rusty!

Come on - surely somebody can do this request justice and mock his ignorance in true TB style.

I can't believe that somebody has actually asked to be mocked and we haven't come up with anything better than this - where's Ed and Durrl when you need them?

16. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    ...or now here is a revolutionary idea, give the people who read tab (and are just starting out)a break, it is a great way to get to grips with the greatest instrument on the planet if you don''t have any previosu msucial knowlege, but granted, if you want to take the instrument further you gottta learn music, it has to be done, no easy way around it,

and by the way, sorry my typing is really bad

17. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hey
    tabs are the best thing for newbies and people who cant read music. i learnt you cant pay someone out for anything cause you aint perfect either, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
    later
    Lukas

18. Bruce Lindfield

You mean this thread is about Tabs? I just read the title where he asked us to mock him - if I had known I wouldn't have bothered! :rolleyes:

I didn't think anybody read the content of posts - I just look at the titles. ;)

19. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    so should we mock you for your ignorance...? is it implied?

20. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    you know what i just realised? i am getting into this over soem guy who did that annoying typing things with the caps, and spelt rules with a 'Z' oh my god, i am going to read the dictionary know and listen to mingus,
    hey bruce do you have any of those ken burns jazz cd's that came out not so long ago? i have the mingus one, it is great!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.