Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FEELER: 1967 Ampeg B-15-N Portaflex Bass Combo **PICS**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Washishimi, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    I have had this amp in my posession for about 10 years or so and have used it to record a few times, and basically as a bedroom practice amp. The top mount leather handle is missing as seen in the pics. There is the usual scratches and a couple of small tears as well. I tried to show all of that. All works well and sounds great, but I don't know enough about these to consider where to price it when I sell. Thats where your knowledge hopefully comes in!

I was told that it is all original when I aquired it, but I really don't know. I have added a bunch of pics that will hopefully help. Here is some other info:

Ampeg B-15-N
    Serial # 060301
    Speaker has a blue sticker that says, "Ampeg Custom Design"
    Speaker has the following #'s handwritten in white on it:
    5815026 137 704

As far as I can see, these are the marking on each of the tubes:
    5AR4...........Amperex 7 30
    6L6GC..........Sylvania
    6L6GC..........Made for Ampeg by Sylvania
    6SL7............These 3 tubes seem to say GE on them, but it is hard to tell

Hope you guys can help me out. If you need more info or pics, let me know. If interested, make an offer. Obviously, I will not ship this unit, so local pick up or drop off sales would be preferred (NY, NJ, CT, maybe PA and MA). Let me know where you are. Thanks again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    price?

3. Washishimi

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Thats what I am trying to figure out.

4. Hi there
    That grille cloth isn't right, and the knobs are replacements too but correct replicas should be available from fliptops.net. Otherwise, it looks like a really nice amp...how are the caps? Had any service work done?
    There's a B-15N of similar vintage with matching extension speaker and dollies at Parkway Music (Clifton Park) tagged at $1,200 so I'd guess half to two-thirds of that amount might be right if the amp works 100%.
    Where in NY are you? I work in Troy and live near Hudson.

5. Washishimi

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Hmmmm....all the research I could find should that the knobs were correct:

http://www.fliptops.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_31&products_id=453

As far as the grill cloth, I thought 1967 was a transition year for that, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the heads up though!! I am in North Salem, NY....Westchester County btw.

6. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Damn, I live in Rockland, and my dad used to play the same amp way back in the day, so I'd like to get it for him, but I can't part with the money right now. Also, I went to school in Troy (RPI) and Parkway Music rules.

7. Washishimi

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Bump

8. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...Why the bump? You told me you're not sure you want to sell it? Make up your mind...

~S~

9. Washishimi

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Sorry, bump for more info on pricing this cab

10. I'm not an Ampeg expert, but it looks like you may have a replacement speaker. Can you see the speaker code number?

11. Washishimi

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    This was the only info I could find on the speaker:

Speaker has a blue sticker that says, "Ampeg Custom Design"
    Speaker has the following #'s handwritten in white on it:
    5815026 137 704

From what I could find, that means that it was a CTS speaker from 1967. But if it is the original or not is anyones guess

12. This is just insane. Posting in GFS to find out what its worth? Doubt it, more like seeing who offers the most is what it looks like. Thats what eBay is for.

Sorry for being harsh, but this thread makes little to no sense.

13. Washishimi

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Well that was not my intention. Sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't want to over price or underprice the amp. Never had to price a peice of vintage gear before, and I thought Talkbass would be a good place to start. Guess I was wrong. I will close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.