1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Feeler: 5 string Jazz Warmoth, Dingwall, V-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Marcus Willett, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    OK. Now that I've got my Stambaugh and my backup blue Jazz, I don't really need this anymore, so I'm thinking about letting her go:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So here's the deal with this bass. This is my (for those that know me) "famous" light 5 string. The body is extra-light swamp ash that was special ordered from Warmoth. The body came in a 3lbs, 6oz. The whole bass weighs less than 7 lbs. It's based off the smaller Jazz Bass Plus body size, and with a smaller neck than most 5 string basses.

Specs are as follows:

Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite

Neck: Douglas Fir with threaded metal insert neck bolts

Nut width: 1.7", heel 2.75"

Fingerboard: rosewood

Fretsize: Dunlop 6230 (the smaller vintage Fender size)

Electronics: 2 Dingwall FD-3 individually humcancelling, split design (ala P-Bass)

Controls: Neck Vol, Bridge Vol, tone. Each volume is a pull-pot that when pulled up puts that pickup in series mode.

GK-2B pickup: this drives the Roland V-Bass. There is a separate jack for the GK cable next to the 1/4" jack.

Bridge: Hipshot type A

Also has Dunlop recessed straplocks.

This is a great bass that I have around $1500 in parts alone. I know I'm not gonna get anything close to that, but I'm also not hard up for cash. I just don't like instruments sitting around being unused.

So basically, I'm throwing a line in the water to see if there are any bites....

Oh, BTW at the moment it is strung up as a piccolo. I did not modify the nut for this, so it is easily put back in normal tuning.

Feel free to ask any questions.

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey Marcus, is this the bass in your "piccolo bass" sound clip? If so, is that clip with the Dingwall pickups? I'm really interested in these pickups. PM me if you need.

Oh, and bump.

3. Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    No, that's my old piccolo from a few years back. Don't actually even remember what pups I had in that bass, but I remember they weren't anything unusual.

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM Sent

5. Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Bump

6. I'm interested. PM sent.

7. Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Sold to butchonbass; thanks!

Like we talked; I've no desire to see anybody get screwed. If it ain't gonna work for you, lemme know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.